Thread: Remap

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Remap

Hi all angel tuning £275 for remap will add 45 bhp 65 lbft and will come to my home to dot the work. Will i feel a big diff in power and acceleration, still have about a year and a half of waranty left with uncle arnold auto care, and have had inlet manifold and dmf done withing the last 6 months. What i really want to know is will it put a smile on my face, and what is the best way to prove the additional bhp and torque have been added, should i ask the to rolling road it as proof.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It's very difficult in practice to find out exactly how much horsepower your engine is developing, without removing the engine and testing it on the bench. The best you can do is get a rolling road test, but if you go to 3 different rolling roads you'll probably get 3 different power figures. That said, the RR figures are only good for pub chat - what matters is how fast the car goes and what the power delivery is like. In answer to your question, yes, it'll make a substantial difference to acceleration. There have been a couple of cases on here where people thought their car had been successfully remapped but it turns out the remap didn't load and they in fact had stock power, so if, after the remap, you're driving along and thinking "Does it feel different?" then it hasn't worked. When it works, you'll know about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

just being wary, they say they will add 45 bhp 65 lbft but what if i only get half of those figures, i would still notice a difference but have shelled out nearly £300 for a small increase, is it worth getting as the 150 is nippy for a big car, but has a bit of turbo lag, will a map also reduce this a good bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Can you not get a DTUK plug & play box for about the same? At least with one of those you know exactly what youre getting as its tried and tested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by nokiaman1978 View Post
    just being wary, they say they will add 45 bhp 65 lbft but what if i only get half of those figures, i would still notice a difference but have shelled out nearly £300 for a small increase, is it worth getting as the 150 is nippy for a big car, but has a bit of turbo lag, will a map also reduce this a good bit.
    Let me put it this way - I had my car remapped, adding 45 BHP to the original 175, to make 220 BHP in total. In terms of which cars on the road I can now blow away (when you encounter numpties out there) my car is now in a completely different league to where it was before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
    Let me put it this way - I had my car remapped, adding 45 BHP to the original 175, to make 220 BHP in total. In terms of which cars on the road I can now blow away (when you encounter numpties out there) my car is now in a completely different league to where it was before.
    Jezzy am i right in assume u have a 2.0 T? As for angel tunning i could see on their website , that if have remap done @ their premises , test in roling road is free!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetechno View Post
    Jezzy am i right in assume u have a 2.0 T?
    Yep, 2.0T.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hmm £275 dnt sound that bad for 45BHP , but as far i can see in angel tunning website they dnt do 2.0 T .
    Can u recomend an tunning company that will , come to me for an remap for an budget of £300?

Sorry for .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

just been reading angels website. they do a group booking up to 10 cars for £1500 or upto 20 carsfor £2000. should get em to come to a meet

Thread Information