Now the Astra has been taken off the road for the winter, I have taken on the task of cleaning everything up. Having always gone down the modification route in the past, I have decided this time to go for a different approach and try to get the car as clean as possible.
So, first up was the removal of the rear bumper and send it off to my local Vauxhall dealership to have it painted. It has a nasty scuff when I bought the car and it also suffered from the usual mismatch of colour.
So once off, the cleaning started.
I will be doing each wheel arch in turn over the next few months or so.
Here is where we are with the first one.
As the brakes on the car are all original, I have decided to replace everything, so a new disc and pad kit was ordered and collected. One of the discs has already been fitted.
Also I popped over to LMF and bought a new set of Bilstien B4 dampers. I did consider going for the B6's but as the car will be doing about 1500 miles a year I figured it was not worth paying over £450 and also you would not get the benefit from a convertible shell.
B4's are supposed to be a little better than standard, and as mine are original and nearly 8 years old it would not hurt to fit new ones.
They are nice and clean as well so will look better
I hope you like what I have done so far and I will be keeping this post up to date as things progress.