In my continued plight to find out what I should be paying for a 100k service has finally led me to the door of a Vauxhall service dept.

They say that my 2.2DTi should only need an interim service but if it hasn't been serviced properly at 80k they'd recommend a full major service. Ive been away and priced up the parts (on ebay) to do the service myself and I'm only looking at £80-90 for all the bits! That's a saving of between £90 & £130 so I'm going to do it myself! The only thing I wont be doing is a brake fluid change as that is slightly beyond my abilities!

Before I start spending, I do have a few questions if someone would be so kind as to give me some advice please...

Are there any recommended suppliers of things like glow plugs?

Is flushing the engine an important stage of serving a modern car or can I just drop the old oil out and put new oil in? If it is, can you recommend a good engine flush?

How much oil will I need for a 2.2DTi engine? Ive seen 4ltr and 5ltr containers for sale and I see no point in spending extra on 5ltrs if 4ltrs will do.

Thanks in advance

Dave