User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 4 months on after the New EGR Valve was fitted - update

  1. #1
    Full Member Vaux-Man-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default 4 months on after the New EGR Valve was fitted - update

    Well,

    Its been about 4 months now since the new EGR Valve was fitted so thought it was about time we had an update.

    Prior to the EGR being fitted, the MPG would hover about the 33 - 34.5 mark, since the new EGR has been fitted it hasnt come below 40 around town.

    On a good week with decent weather, it returns a very respectable 41.5'ish around town. On a run, it easily gets to 50+ driving at normal motorway speeds.

    No other problems and seems to have done the trick, I just hope this thread hasnt propmted anything (LOL)!

    Anyway, so it seems the dodgy EGR valve was causing a lot more issues than just performance, MPG was taking a bit pounding.


    Bye bye Vec B
    - Hello Siggy!

  2. #2
    Regular Member Dan_BlackSRi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lancashire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Glad to hear mate, those darn EGR's are a right royal for sure - needless to say my new diesel doesn't have one..... now

  3. #3
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    EVERYWHERE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    An EGR valve that is sticking open will mean that the mixture in the combustion process is partly smothered with exhaust gases even when you are accelerating, thus reducing power. So that means that your car will not be accelerating as quickly as it should be for a given amount of accelerator pedal movement. Which means that you'll be using more fuel than normal to achieve the same momentum.

    Hi Dan!

  4. #4
    Full Member GazVXLINE170's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good to read your not having any issues m8. I won't be starting anything any anyway as some parties are on my 'ignore list' conveniently enough.

    Anyway I think I have EGR issues like yourself on top of the main problem, I have the 'slow low down' pick up.

    Gazza4
    Insignia VX-Line Nav CDTI 170.

  5. #5
    Full Member Vaux-Man-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_BlackSRi View Post
    Glad to hear mate, those darn EGR's are a right royal for sure - needless to say my new diesel doesn't have one..... now
    Hey Dan. Good to hear from you. Yep, they are a special....piece of something I cannot mention!

    Quote Originally Posted by diesel dog View Post
    An EGR valve that is sticking open will mean that the mixture in the combustion process is partly smothered with exhaust gases even when you are accelerating, thus reducing power. So that means that your car will not be accelerating as quickly as it should be for a given amount of accelerator pedal movement. Which means that you'll be using more fuel than normal to achieve the same momentum.

    Hi Dan!
    Easy DD, the infamous Dan v DD thread may re-open!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza4 View Post
    Good to read your not having any issues m8. I won't be starting anything any anyway as some parties are on my 'ignore list' conveniently enough.

    Anyway I think I have EGR issues like yourself on top of the main problem, I have the 'slow low down' pick up.

    Gazza4
    I have been watching your posts and threads Gaz, how far you got? Have you had a new EGR?


    Bye bye Vec B
    - Hello Siggy!

  6. #6
    Regular Member Dan_BlackSRi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lancashire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi DD

    Gutted to hear you still have issues Gaz, is it still the same as before then..?

    No more Dan vs. DD threads, I am at ease with EGR's now

  7. #7
    Full Member GazVXLINE170's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_BlackSRi View Post
    Gutted to hear you still have issues Gaz, is it still the same as before then.
    Aye mate think the EGR valve is an issue itself there is something else at work. It's going to a diesel specialist on Monday so hopefully I can see what the score is.

    Gazza4
    Insignia VX-Line Nav CDTI 170.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. dump valve update after a week
    By tomo41 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12th September 2011, 08:31
  2. EGR valve update
    By parsco in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 22nd April 2010, 23:02
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st April 2008, 18:22
  4. egr valve update!
    By littlesxi in forum Diesel Engine related
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18th March 2008, 22:13

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •