I am to embark upon a trip to the Basque region of Spain (border France/Spain) with a VW Crafter and a load of musical instruments (Pipe Band stuff) as well as other stuff (speakers, cables, mixer, laptops, inverter/genny and so on).

I am picking up an army mate in England and we will proceed to the ferry port at Portsmouth.

Never done Portsmouth before so any heads up would be good!

I imagine the general MPG of the Crafter is in the region of 25mpg at 50mph. However, I would rather be driving at 70mph seeing as how we are driving overnight.

I have Road Angel with European mapping and a Laser/Radar Snooper (works very well indeed ).

I intend going A9/M73/M74/M6/A500/A5182/A53/A51/A53/A529/A51/A53/A5182/A519/A500/M6...............

..........But then, it seems, I must take the M6Toll/M42/M6Toll/M42 and onto the A34 Oxford then M3/M27/M275/A3 to Portsmouth.

Seems a helluva carry on when I could surely forget the Toll road and carry on regardless?

Any idea's on this one?

We plan having a great week in the Basque Country before returning

Anyway, the real reason for the thread was, I have a 2002 V6, 3.2 GSi with 134K. It was supposed to have a service history, but a certain garage in Inverurie needs a slap for lying

I changed the plugs which looked like they had covered 80K, the oil looked like it had covered 30K and the rattle has gone, but the engine is a bit tappety (click, click, click) although it pulls well (does 152mph on the sat nav....probably ).

I love the car, I really do. But I have already changed the clutch, stat, exhausts, plugs, oil, filters and stripped & rebuilt the inlet system (leaked air and the revs went up and down like Divine Browns knickers..... Hugh Grant's prossie friend ).

Anyway, all fixed....but now I need to replace the strut top bearings, 2 rear springs and front pads

So any advice about all of the above will be greatfully received

I was a new member before, but I couldn't log on again! Seems the forum was hacked by some arse