User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Do i sell my Vectra or keep it ? ? ? ? juddering problem

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    middlesbrough
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Do i sell my Vectra or keep it ? ? ? ? juddering problem

    I have a vectra c 05 plate Auto, its my work horse as its used as a taxi, but its having problems, I have had a new manifold fitted and replaced all the injector clips but for the last few weeks its juddering , a bad judder between 1500 and 200 rpms, and now it has just conked out twice on me, total loss of power . Managed to get it going again but this is my dilemma do i put it into the stealers for them to look at it and possible diagnose whats wrong with it or do I just cut my losses and get another car , if so what car would you guys ( and gals ) suggest bearing in mind its gonna become a taxi. Has to be an auto though.

  2. #2
    Full Member paul_sri150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Liverpool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think you should at least try and get to find out what the problem is, at least then you could make the decision to have it repaired or sell on. Could be something simple, and you will be kicking yourself if you ever found out it was, if its the fuel pump, you best have deep pockets!
    Engine-DTUK eco3,K&N panel filter/airbox mod1&2,samco vac hoses,covers detailedExt-XP spliter,sig fogs,eyebrows,tinted side repeaters&rear lights,debadged,CC'd vxr valance/boot strip/calipers,heated jets,flatblade wipers,reverse cam,mtec bulbs,twin exhaust,8k HIDs,snowflakes,opel grill/insig griffinInt-TV/NAV/DVD,led&white GID conversion,footwell lighting,cooled g'box,custom headrests,blinds,JBL sub/amp

  3. #3
    Regular Member keith1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sheffield / Spalding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It sounds like it could be a fuel pump issue? If you change I'd highly recommend an octavia.

  4. #4
    Full Member GazVXLINE170's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsud2002 View Post
    I have a vectra c 05 plate Auto, its my work horse as its used as a taxi, but its having problems, I have had a new manifold fitted and replaced all the injector clips but for the last few weeks its juddering , a bad judder between 1500 and 200 rpms, and now it has just conked out twice on me, total loss of power . Managed to get it going again but this is my dilemma do i put it into the stealers for them to look at it and possible diagnose whats wrong with it or do I just cut my losses and get another car , if so what car would you guys ( and gals ) suggest bearing in mind its gonna become a taxi. Has to be an auto though.
    If it's what I think it is - my car has similar problems - then get them to check the electrical connection at the throttle body, throttle pedal and ECU.

    Diagnostics may report back a 'Throttle Position Sensor' fault but don't be fooled into getting a replacement throttle pedal - get a futher investigation into the electrics as I had mentioned.

    Good Luck.

    Gazza4
    Insignia VX-Line Nav CDTI 170.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    middlesbrough
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keith1983 View Post
    It sounds like it could be a fuel pump issue? If you change I'd highly recommend an octavia.

    Yeah most of the taxi drivers in our local area drive a skoda, they seem to be a great work horse

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    middlesbrough
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza4 View Post
    If it's what I think it is - my car has similar problems - then get them to check the electrical connection at the throttle body, throttle pedal and ECU.

    Diagnostics may report back a 'Throttle Position Sensor' fault but don't be fooled into getting a replacement throttle pedal - get a futher investigation into the electrics as I had mentioned.

    Good Luck.

    Gazza4
    Gonna deffo take it to local dealers tomorrow get them to try and diagnose it and hopefully it is electrical , I say hopefully as my stepson is an auto electrician so labour costs will be fairly cheap

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Is it time to sell my Vectra?
    By merikiito in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 4th October 2010, 21:52
  2. should i sell my bmw and buy a signum/vectra c?
    By fingz999 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25th September 2010, 16:53
  3. Vauxhall vectra C juddering problem
    By george120879 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17th October 2009, 21:45
  4. vectra 1.9 cdti(120) juddering
    By M1CK in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31st March 2009, 19:44
  5. Might have to sell the vectra....
    By Harry in forum General Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 25th May 2007, 20:46

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •