User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: signum 2.8 Turbo

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    southampton
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default signum 2.8 Turbo

    hi guys, been looking at the signum 2.8T and was wondering what tuning option's are available. i see regal do a phase 1 map which takes them up to / around 300bhp but there doesnt seem to be much more available.

    whats the difference between the 230bhp and the 250 bhp versions?

    i see standard they deal with 0-60 in 6.8 seconds? but roughly what does a phase 1 map bring this down too?

    i drive a 300bhp astra gsi at the moment so i dont want to buy something that will feel sluggish compared to it.

    adam

  2. #2
    Regular Member david.aka.judas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suffolk
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    it may feel sluggish due to the extra weight and size, even mapped.

    only get the signum/ vec, if you need to, ie size, seats family etc...

  3. #3
    Ex Vec-C Admin Deztroyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    WGAF#5
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    the bluefin map on the Signum gives an estimated 290 bhp and a fair few nm's of torque.... But the delivery is smooth but the speed is incredible for a vehicle of its size and weight . it may feel slower than the astra but its going to be more comfortable and one hell of a Q car - trust me

    and remember is just a detuned VXR lump so anything they can do you can do "descreetly"
    Last edited by Deztroyer; 22nd September 2010 at 08:13.

    0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

  4. #4
    spoons
    Guest

    Default

    Your 300 BHP astra GSi

    How much Lb/ft torque does it have (not NM but Lb/ft)

    The remapped 2.8 turbo produces 400 Lb/ft which is huge..

    I take it your comment on 'sluggish' is comparing accelleration rather than cornering performance from a heavier long wheel based car

    Therefore, with 400 Lb/ft torque and 300 BHP I dont think you could call it 'sluggish'

    In fact, most rolling road tuners comment on the 400 Lb/ft torque as very impressive.

  5. #5
    Regular Member PORKBALLS29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Epping
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    The 6.8 seconds 0-60 is for the 250bhp model and the 230 is around 7.5 in standard form, but by no means do they feel sluggish. they are 250bhp from 2007 anything befor that will be 230 (226 actually). But once remapped they are a completely different beast. I dont think you'd get 300bhp just out of a remap on a 230, it may be a different matter with the 250's im not sure. But they are definately a great motor and for the money you can pick them up these days you wont find another motor that can compete. Oh and with regards to how quick they are, you'll be all over the rear end of a Merc C350 sport and asking him politely to move out the way
    Last edited by PORKBALLS29; 22nd September 2010 at 09:05.

  6. #6
    Ex Vec-C Admin Deztroyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    WGAF#5
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PORKBALLS29 View Post
    The 6.8 seconds 0-60 is for the 250bhp model and the 230 is around 7.5 in standard form, but by no means do they feel sluggish. they are 250bhp from 2007 anything befor that will be 230 (226 actually). But once remapped they are a completely different beast. I dont think you'd get 300bhp just out of a remap on a 230, it may be a different matter with the 250's im not sure. But they are definately a great motor and for the money you can pick them up these days you wont find another motor that can compete. Oh and with regards to how quick they are, you'll be all over the rear end of a Merc C350 sport and asking him politely to move out the way




    and in my case on a country road causing looks of bewilderment and confusion on the face of a 10 plate lambo owner as to why everytime he overtook a stream of slow moving traffic there was a signum glued to his rear bumper to the extent that when we finally stopped at a set of traffic lights next to each other in a built up area he expressed his confusion verbally

    0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    southampton
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    Your 300 BHP astra GSi

    How much Lb/ft torque does it have (not NM but Lb/ft)

    The remapped 2.8 turbo produces 400 Lb/ft which is huge..

    I take it your comment on 'sluggish' is comparing accelleration rather than cornering performance from a heavier long wheel based car

    Therefore, with 400 Lb/ft torque and 300 BHP I dont think you could call it 'sluggish'

    In fact, most rolling road tuners comment on the 400 Lb/ft torque as very impressive.

    hi mate the astra is putting out (last rolling road figure) 305bhp 370lbft.

    the astra hits 60 in around 5.2-5.3 seconds, if the wether is near perfect and ran a quater mile at pvs 2010 in 13.7 @ 103mph

    i mean sluggish from a 0mph and on a rolling start. i.e for over taking, whilst driving on the motorway etc.

    ill assume the 2.8 v6T is failey reliable? but how long to turbo's last and are there any common problems i need to look out for?
    Last edited by afcbadam; 22nd September 2010 at 14:24.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    southampton
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    how much roughly does a signum weigh? im not worried about how fast it goes round corners, i would just like a quick car, but something comfortable to drive and a bit "posher" that my astra.

    are they bad on fuel? what mpg do you guys get.

  9. #9
    spoons
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afcbadam View Post
    hi mate the astra is putting out (last rolling road figure) 305bhp 370lbft.

    the astra hits 60 in around 5.2-5.3 seconds, if the wether is near perfect and ran a quater mile at pvs 2010 in 13.7 @ 103mph
    Ok, well its running about the same as my Vectra VXR then,

    I've got 305 BHP and 389 Lb/ft

    Ran qtr mile at Santa Pod in 14.3 @ 101 mph and hit 60 in around 5.8 seconds

    So very closely matched in figures. Best just try and get a go in a remapped one and see for yourself.

    Rarely hear of turbo issues on the 2.8 (except they are too small lol)

    MPG = 22-27 mpg average, 38-42 mpg at 56 mph

    If you want to go faster than all that, you're best looking at the V8 monaro or VXR8

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    southampton
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    thanks mate. is the signum baded on the vectra? the interior's look fairly similar.

    its harder to get in to a signum than some may think, there is only a few 2.8T versions for sale at the moment. (auto trader)

    good to here turbo's dont often fail as thats a common problem on the car i drive now, mpg is about the same as i get, so thats cool, not worried about that anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Signum Turbo
    By viper8 in forum Petrol Engine related
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 13th August 2011, 18:46
  2. SIGNUM 2.8 Turbo
    By millard2004 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 23rd March 2011, 13:41
  3. Signum 2.0 Turbo
    By GrahameM in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 29th October 2009, 22:06
  4. My new Turbo Signum
    By V6 JDT in forum Quick Photo Album
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 6th October 2008, 15:29
  5. Signum Turbo S
    By Meriva OPC in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25th March 2006, 11:20

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •