Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Dealer Cannot Verify Service History

LONG POST..SORRY GUYS!!!
    As some may know i purchased my 08-plate vectra sri 150 cdti around 6-weeks ago from a main dealer....had issues since then but the delaer has looked after me with all the problems being under warrenty...it has again gone into the dealership today for the turbo to be replace and a list of other issues/potential problems...
    I thought well its been 6-weeks now and i have not seen sight nor sound of this service pack i have been promised i will get as soon as they come in stock..so today i did a bit of digging...rang the head office up of the lease hire compony who was the last previous owner on the log-book...scott group/aka Thrifty hire...lady very good with the information and emailed it to me....the service history does show 2 services but neither the 1st or 2nd(major)have been at a vauxhall dealers...dealer sold me it with full service history..but nobody can say what has and hasn't been done..like fuel filter on the 40k for example because we have no record on paper...vauxhall cannot stamp the book because they would be fraudulantly making it up so i have paid for a car with f/s/h but dealer nor me can prove this..when i sell it or trade it in i'll lose out due to not a full service history being present...pollen filter was black so i had it changed..again a 40k replacement item..so u get the feeling hang on here what else hasn't been done due to no documented service record...they did a 114point check but thats it..all they do is check not replace unless brake pads or tyres....
    Can anybody advise where do i stand...do i take it on the chin or have i been sold a car under false pretence or other termanology...all i wanted was the history for my own piece of mind so i know whats been done but we cannot get it...1st service was at national so oil/filter and thats it...2nd service its not even on any directory..google..yell so the alarm bells are ringing...

Any ideas where i stand..or not?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Nissan GT-R R35 Vectra XP2 CDTI

Trim : Nissan GT-R R35

Engine : 3.8 twin turbo 700hp

Year : 2010

youve been sold a car under false pretences fella and your dealership has sold you a duff car as well enough said really

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

Quote Originally Posted by Si-SRI View Post
    dealer sold me it with full service history..
    Do you have documented proof of that, maybe from the advert? If you do he's sold it to you under false pretences. Your really just going to have to see what sort of deal he can do for you, maybe an extended warranty. He could argue it was a typo and that it was a standard advert.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The salesman admitted today it was sold to me with f/s/h and mileage guranteed for the network q..mileage i have check via hpi and correct...the delaer rang vehicle management fleet who the car was under but nobody can say on paper that it has had x.y.z changed/replaced all i get it it should of been serviced to manufacturers specification which like i pointed out if it had why was the pollen filter black..so you question other serviceable items because nobody can say for definate they have been changed...all i have is should b's and should ov's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

so your 2 year old car has had 2 service's and the lease company have this on record so the car has service history ...so the dealer was correct when he said it had service history ....or have i not got this bit right ....? ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The lease compony cannot say what has been replaced under these services...all they can say is it should of been serviced to manufacturers spec and pass the book over to company who supposidly serviced it...dealer cannot verify what the lease hire companys saying is correct due to the companys being unobtainable either out of business or whatever.

Unless i'm seeing it wrong..if the dealer cannot verify whats been chnged etc then how can they verify it has been serviced etc to their specification and comes under the network q remit?

Also i'm 2 stamps missing in the service book...which when it comes to selling wont be classed as f/s/h..yes i can say it was serviced here look i have a piece of paper saying this but will that surfice as service history with no check sheet or bills to prove the service...if it had vauxhall service hostory its in house on the pc for any dealer to check...i dont have that.
    Last edited by Si-SRI; 20th September 2010 at 19:42.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    so your 2 year old car has had 2 service's and the lease company have this on record so the car has service history ...so the dealer was correct when he said it had service history ....or have i not got this bit right ....? ....
    Full Service History means every single one done at Vauxhall dealership. If it was serviced at different garages even at regular intervals its classed as Service History.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Innes View Post
    Full Service History means every single one done at Vauxhall dealership. If it was serviced at different garages even at regular intervals its classed as Service History.
    full service history means its had a service when it was due in its life .... full dealer service history means its had all its service done when due at a dealer ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Si-SRI View Post
    The lease compony cannot say what has been replaced under these services...all they can say is it should of been serviced to manufacturers spec and pass the book over to company who supposidly serviced it...dealer cannot verify what the lease hire companys saying is correct due to the companys being unobtainable either out of business or whatever.

Unless i'm seeing it wrong..if the dealer cannot verify whats been chnged etc then how can they verify it has been serviced etc to their specification and comes under the network q remit?

Also i'm 2 stamps missing in the service book...which when it comes to selling wont be classed as f/s/h..yes i can say it was serviced here look i have a piece of paper saying this but will that surfice as service history with no check sheet or bills to prove the service...if it had vauxhall service hostory its in house on the pc for any dealer to check...i dont have that.
    if it has been a lease car they tend to use halfords / national / kwick fit for serviceing try sending them a email with you reg number and see if they can help you out ...to be fair most the none dealer service historys ive seen normally have the company that did the works name on them ... or you could just play your face at the dealer and return the car ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I love the car just want to know whats been serviced and changed at the correct time/mileage due....suppose i can allways have the parts changed myself just ****** annoying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information