Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.2i

Year : 2006

Default What's next?

I seem to be working through the standard problems with Signums. First was the fuel pump failure (common 2.2i petrol) issue. Spanner appeared, car goes into limp home mode and its off to the garage for a £600 bill. First day of our holiday too.

Next was the tailgate catch. Tailgate stuck down, micro-switch clagged up. Took tailgate apart, cleaned up switch but it did it again so got new switch a couple of months later.

Next it was clogged up drain by the heater intake, leading to footwell swimming pool. I bought a dehumidifier and dried it all out, cleared the drain.

Finally it has been the common follow-on from that - failure of the resistor pack on the heater blower, so you only get fan speed 4. I've just taken it all apart and fitted a new thermal fuse from Maplin. It all works again.

All these things seem to have been standard issues. I'm extremely grateful for this forum, it's saved me loads of time and money sorting this all out. But it leads me to wonder what's up here. Some of this was preventable and if I'd known the fault was likely I could have done something about it.

So what's the next thing that's likely to cause me grief in my 2004 petrol 2.2i Signum Elegance? My money is on a failed suspension spring...
    Last edited by achapman; 19th September 2010 at 11:42.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Bmw 330d

Trim : Msport

Engine : 3.0d

Year : 2008

sounds the normal stuff unfortunately mate. could be suspension but hopefully you'll get a break

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The 2.2 issue also applies to the Vectra of course, so it's not something specific to the Signum. As for the blocked drain - the way to prevent that is through proper maintenance, which is the duty of the owner/driver to either do themselves or get someone to do it.

VIP-Member
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : `

Trim : `

Engine : `

Year : `

Mileage : `

Its funny how they clogged up so much considering how small the gaps on the scuttle panel is. On a separate note on this changing the pollen filter on a yearly basis will help prevent this reoccurring, as the rubbish will be seen and removed before any more damage can be done.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra and a Signum

Trim : top of the line in both

Engine : Z18XE,Z19DTH,Z20NET

if you haven't had a broken spring or leaking damper so far then its a fair bet that you will need a new one sooner or later, you can either wait for them to go or you can make plans to change them beforehand i.e. know what you want and where to get them. its always best to replace such items in pairs and not just the corner thats failed.
    My old Signum, the animal; she now rests in pieces in several other members cars.. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=200
    The wifes vec show car, started as a standard daily driver and ended up like this. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=709

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Someone could drive into you?

Hit by a meteor?
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

1 peeps hasnt said the dreaded chain lol change the oil as regular as u can mate the more regular oil changes the 2.2s get the better it is for them id say regular changes every 5-7k extreems 10k as its the oil that gets dirty and causes the oil jet for the tensioner of the chain to clog hence tensioner failure=chain failure

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.2i

Sorry folks. It isn't a broken spring, leaking damper, meteor or someone running into me.

I've got the fuel pump/fuel regulator problem again. Yesterday I drove across town, then on the way back stopped to do an errand. When I started up again the car cut out almost immediately. It did this several times till I gave up. I left it for twenty minutes, started it and managed to get home. Later yesterday I had to go pick up the wife. I got there OK, but it cut out approaching a roundabout shortly after starting back. So we sat in a side street for half an hour while the engine cooled, then we made it back OK. From http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28293 it looks like this is the pressure regulator, hopefully the high pressure fuel pump is OK. If so this will be my second regulator :-(

Thread Information