Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Wish me luck!!

Please dont shout at me too much but 18 days ago I bought a 54 plate Vectra 1.9 CDTI 150 from an Evans Halshaw dealership (I know I know) with 48k on the clock. Knowing these cars often have 'issues' I took out their extended warranty. Well after only 6 days I noticed fuel economy was well below what I expected so I investigated and found that the air filter was filthy black (they stamped the servicing book as hiving serviced it before Id picked it up) I also found that the pollen filter looked as if it hadnt been changed in the 6 years the car had been on the road!!!... but the major thing I found was the swirl bar rod rattling free on top of the inlet manifold and two of the swirl pots had lifted by 5 or 6mm from their normal position. Well thats a new inlet manifold I believe. So the car is off back to the E.H dealership for 'diagnostic' and hopefully replacememt of the inlet manifold under warranty. However even though I reported the issue after only 6 days ownership I fully expect E.H to duck and dive to not do the work under warranty so wish me luck and Ill post back later with results.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra and a Signum

Trim : top of the line in both

Engine : Z18XE,Z19DTH,Z20NET

Year : 2006

good job you took out the extended warranty on the car anyway, with what i read about those engines on here its the best thing you could have done. Lets say that they should be well aware of what fails on that engine by now so it should not be a surprise for them. Its good that you know what you are looking for as too many buyers get stung..

Make a big deal out of the items not been changed in their so called service as this is basically fraudulent. How many miles has the car done and what duration is the extended warranty? Let us know how you get one as well, it always interesting to hear a members dealing with dealers.
    My old Signum, the animal; she now rests in pieces in several other members cars.. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=200
    The wifes vec show car, started as a standard daily driver and ended up like this. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=709

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : VXR8 6.0 muscle SRI ESTATE XP1

Trim : VXR/ SRI ESTATE CDTI XP1

Engine : 6.0 V8 Thunder

Year : 2008

this seems to be the case with most dealers you pay them to service the car and they dont do half the things there supposed to, i talk from experience working at 2 different dealerships and it upsets me that they get away with it with confusing customers with different service plans etc etc,
    a friend of mine has a astra twintop that she brought brand new on a 07 plate, for the last 3 years she had it serviced at a dealership (when she wanted me to do it for her but couldnt because of the warrenty) so when i got my hands on it the pollen filter hasnt been changed in 3 years neither had the plugs of the air filter or the oil filter (this infact had started to go rusty) the fuel filter hadnt been changed either but on her invoices for the sevvices that she had paid for every year for the past 3 years shes been charged for the above items!!!!! needless to say after i had serviced it properly for her she thinks its a new car as it now goes when she puts her foot down.
    and shes vowed never to go to a dealership again infact i service her whole family's cars now so the local dealership has lost out on 4 services a year because of there dishonesty
    VXR IS FOR LIFE NOT JUST FOR THRILLS !

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well... talk about having the wind taken out of your sales... I went there fully prepared for battle and...

I took the car in at 8am and was told to return at 5pm... however they called me at 10am to tell me that the car inspection was complete and the car required a new inlet manifold (no surprise there)... the receptionist asked how long I'd had the car.. I told her 17 days from their own dealership and also that I had reported the problem after only 6 days... she asked if I had a warranty... I said yes (from them) and she said she would check if the part was replaceable under warranty and call me back... 20 mins later she phoned me and informed it was covered and that they had ordered the part/s necessary and to come collect my car.
    Well so far I hadn't seen any of the poor after sales care of service I had read about on-line (and I'd read an awful lot)... so I went to collect the car expecting a battle over the diagnostic fee... well I got there and after a quick chat she handed me my car key and off I went... there no mention of paying any diagnostic 'fee' or anything... they simply said they'd contact me when the parts were in. I mentioned about the air and oil filters so they also said they would carry out a full service on the car when it comes in to be fixed. Also when I picked the car up I noticed they had washed and cleaned it !!

So... what can I say... The service I've received thus far from Evans Halshaw in Nottingham (Chillwell) has been really rather good... lets hope their workmanship will be of the same standard.
    Last edited by jimbojetset; 13th September 2010 at 16:39.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Glad to hear some good news from a dealership for a change, hope it works for u mate.

Hampshire (Near Havant) . .Drives: Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.9 CDTi

Year : 2005

Nice to know there are a few good main dealers out there.

Having friends that work in main dealers a sales car's 'Service' leaves alot to be desired.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if you can take the car for a test drive and check the work before you sign to say itys fixed

Thread Information