User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Retro Fitting Tyre Pressure Monitoring System & Front/Rear parking sensors to Vectra

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Retro Fitting Tyre Pressure Monitoring System & Front/Rear parking sensors to Vectra

Ok, following the recent Vectra-c.com database incident, I’ve decided to try and re-start my post, I was a new member, registering on the 7th August so my account along with all my personal messages were completely wiped out and of course my long thread which was very useful and contained loads of advice from so many helpful people here, has also been lost.

Oh by the way, job well done for those Admins who got the site up and running again shame about the loss of data, it's not your fault and it cant be helped.

So, a day or 2 before this all happened, I spent hours (till 2am ish) putting another huge post to my thread on here with pics and everything, I will try and re do this final post in an attempt to continue where I left off, it will never be as good as the original post but I’m sure everyone will still be as helpful if not even more helpful as before.

It’s regarding fitting front/rear parking sensors and TPMS to my Vectra, I have a Design Estate with AFL fitted from new. I know Andy.I was very helpful and we even had a quick chat over the phone about it, I was so impressed I asked Andy.l if he wouldn’t mind fitting it for me

Andy, not sure if you remember, but I think we discussed the following:
    1. I was going to take a look to see if there was a plug behind the blanking plate under the hazard light button.
    2. I was going to confirm what stereo I have fitted.
    3. You were going to confirm if the mono screen is compatible with TPMS as I might need to upgrade to a colour screen.
    4. I was going to take another look to see if there was another plug in the boot, similar to the one I had already pictured in a previous post.
    5. You were going to try and put a list together of the parts I need to get and how much they will cost me.
    I think that’s about it, so to answer as much as I can…

Here is a pic behind the blanking plate under the hazard light button, looks promising?

Here is my stereo and the mono display, you were right, it was a CDC 40 OPERA.

I do believe the mono display should be compatible as it shows this screen in the manual and when TPMS is fitted there is another option below Timer called Tyres

Whilst in the dash area, I remember asking you about the TPMS & Parking Sensor indicator lights in the instrument panel because I wasn’t sure if they would be there and how to install them if not. I managed to get a bright torch and was able to just about see the outline of where these lights should be (indicated in the picture), so does this mean the lights are there and just need activating with a little tech2?

Now, onto the rest of the car, I took a load of pictures in the boot area which I hope will help you, but I couldn’t find another plug like you described. I’m not saying it isn’t there, but if it is then it’s not obvious.

Moving onto the pressure sensors themselves, I was going to ask if these could be fitted before work is started/completed on the rest of the system, this is because all 4 of my tyres are due to be changed soon so I thought I might as well get 4 sensors ordered and get them fitted at the same time, would this be ok? I assume tyre fitters know what to do with these things and will fit them correctly, I’ve heard horror stories about them being fitted incorrectly or the valve being cut off?

I can’t remember where to get them from, but I think it was here www.tyre-equipment.co.uk, my question is which parts do I need to order? I can see 2 sensors on this site, 65129-67 & 65335-67, whats the differance and what’s the 65657-KD Kit of Spare Parts for TPMS Tyre Valves - 65191; 65129; & 65335 for?

I think I will buy 4 of these as new because of the batteries (I believe from new they should last about 7 years) 2nd hand you don’t know how old they are and it would be just my luck that just as I get it all working, the battery will die on 1 or more sensors.

That’s about it for now, sorry it’s a huge amount of information, but I am trying to cover the history of 2 weeks worth of posts, in 1.

Any luck Andy with the list of parts and prices, would be nice to get the ball rolling so to speak.

Cheers all.

Richard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab

Trim : 9-3 Vert

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2000

Did you get anywhere with this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

I have TPMS on my SRi Estate and only have the mono screen, so you can tick that one off on your list.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by s_zigmond View Post
    Did you get anywhere with this?

Nope, I was holding out for andy.l to pick up on this thread again, I know he is very busy so I'm not suprised he didnt see this after the dreaded Vectra-c.com database incident. I will send Andy.l a PM now and hope he will very kindly join in once more...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ian-Highlander View Post
    I have TPMS on my SRi Estate and only have the mono screen, so you can tick that one off on your list.

Thanks Ian-Highlander, that's certainly a big one to tick off my list, because unless this was possible on my mono screen, I might have scrapped all my plans to do these mods, or at least the TPMS bit anyway. Cheers.

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

TPMS rules fitted it to my 03 ls

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Dynamic

Engine : 1.6 turbo

Year : 2019

Mileage : 44000

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    TPMS rules fitted it to my 03 ls
    Where the how2?

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

Its easy mate you just have to make sure you get the right system for your chassis as mine has to have 4 receivers where as later ones only need 2 receivers.

Then check front wheel arch and rear arch liners for the plugs i had front wiring but not rear so i had to buy a rear axle loom and fit that.

Then plug it all in and fit sensors and get Tech2

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Dynamic

Engine : 1.6 turbo

Year : 2019

Mileage : 44000

damm would be expencive for me then.. as not prepared front or rear :cry:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab

Trim : 9-3 Vert

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2000

Are the plugs easy to see if I drop the liners?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information