Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

Default Time to sell my baby...

The chance has come up for me to get my old 2.0T estate back from my ex. So it's time for my baby to go to a new loving home for someone to finish this half finished project.

2003 2.2 SXi
    68500 genuine original miles on the clock (but still in daily use so will rise slightly).

As most people on here will know I've spent an absolute fortune on this car over the last two or three years (most of it documented on here).

I'll be completely honest both in the advert and to any queries I receive.

Good points:
    Totally reliable, still drives like new, engine purrs like a kitten, has never let me down once in all the time I've owned it. Been regularly serviced in any way it needed (mostly by myself).

Suspension
    Almost every standard suspension component that can wear out has been replaced in the last year and a half. As a result it's tight, holds the road incredibly well for a Vectra and drives beautifully. It has a full Spax Adjustable PSX springs and shocks system fitted lowering the car by 35mm and with adjustable shock absorbers with 28 settings (adjuster supplied).

Brakes
    All four discs and pads all round have been replaced in the last year with genuine Vauxhall parts, this thing stops on a dime for a car of it's weight.

Exhaust
    Full MIJ Stainless twin cat back system fitted earlier this year and with the standard MIJ lifetime warranty on it. Twin ovals (see pics).

Electric Windows All Round
    I fitted rear electric windows (and wrote the howto for this site as I did them) and all windows are fully working and operate smoothly. And work on total closure (comfort open or close), child lock on the rears works perfectly.

GID Conversion
    I upgraded the TID (Triple Info Display) to a GID (Graphical Info Display) and all BC functionality works perfectly (including the washer level sensor which I also fitted).

EGR Removed
    The EGR whilst still attached to the loom to stop any errors showing up, has been blanked off and is not used.

SRi Dashboard
    I replaced the front panel of the SXi dashboard with one from an SRi, so this has the SRi rings and different colour needles, but is the original dash as far as the electronics are concerned, mileage shown on the dash is genuine as that part as not been changed.

Rear Parking Sensors
    I've fitted rear colour coded parking sensors (that are "almost" the right colour).

The car has been fully de-badged, recently completely machine polished by BobsSignum and Happypostie (thanks again guys). The airbox mod has been done on it. It also has the four button interior light and sunglasses holder fitted and as an earlier model it also has the coin tray under the light switch.

As an earlier model, this car has pretty much the full wiring loom for just about everything on it and a lot of the extras fitted that Vauxhall removed later on including rain sensitive wipers, anti dazzle interior mirror, "mood" lighting (forget the real name of it) etc etc.

I was going to sell all the new lights I'd bought for it seperately, but if someone gives me close (ish) to the asking price I'll include those (SRi style smoked tip rear lights, smoked 3rd brakelight and white side repeaters).

I will also include in the sale a rear SRi bumper that needs a very minor repair as well as a brand new VXR diffuser insert to replace the rear bumper currently on the car (both will need spraying).

Bad Points:
    The rear bumper currenly on the car has a lot of scratches and marks on it, however I'm throwing in a replacement SRi bumper and VXR insert as part of the sale that will just need spraying.

There are a couple of small marks in the bump strips on one or two of the doors, a couple of scratches on the roof at the back (most of which has been polished out but they are still visible) and the front of the bonnet has a few stone chips in it.

The standard 16" wheels are quite badly marked in places and would probably need refurbing if you wanted to keep them on and make them look spotless, although I planned to replace them eventually just never got round to it.

The car is taxed until the end of October this year and MOT'd until April/May time next year (it flew through it's last MOT without even any advisories first time).

Any questions or more pictures needed, please ask. Looking for offers in the region of £3000 (I've spent a lot more than that on it in the last year alone).

Last edited by paulhb; 10th September 2010 at 14:44.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Now Gone, bring on the Insignia (now "Teapot" Tuned)...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thread re-instated after new picture added with my name on it as per the rules. Which incidentally shows the new plates I changed recently incase anyone was wondering.

So errm BUMP
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Bump, open to offers...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Bump, go on try an offer, you never know I might take it

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Typical, it's always the way, you go on about how perfect the car's been and how nothing ever goes wrong with it and bang, it bites you in the rear.

I'm now just under £200 lighter and whoever buys the car benefits from the nice brand new alternator I've just had to fit to it after the old one died on Saturday.

Still open to offers, lets say around £2700 ??

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Car now going tonight or tomorrow, this thread can be closed

Thread Information