Thread: Help - loosing power

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Help - loosing power

Only had the car for 2 weeks and now having an issue Its an 55 reg Signum 3.0 CDTI with 42k on the clock.

Whilst driving when i step on the gas pedal the car will either accelerate or struggle, and you can feel it being hessistant at if it was having a few hiccups (loosing power and then back on and then loosing ower before it will eventually accelerate properly). Drove back home from work today and its getting worse What i have also noticed it that when the car was idle a few times it would shudder more than as if its trying to give more gas to stop the car from stalling is the best way for me to describe. No lights on the dash to say there is a fault.

Will book with the car dealer but brought from a renualt dealer so hopefully they can do something as i have warranty with them. Fingers crossed

Anyone had these symptons before or scare me what it can be. I'm not a car techy person so please dumb down your responses for me to understand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

A 2005, can you advise what engine it has (Y30DT or Z30DT)
    What is the service history like?

It may be on ECOFlex servicing, with the key out of the ignition press the odometer reset and it may be display the miles to next service
    If not, then it is on standard servicing

What warranty terms are included from the sales outlet (Renault dealership)?
    On the plus side, they should know about this engine as it is used on some Renaults
    Take it back NOW, equally try to demonstrate the issue to the Salesperson
    They should then arrange everything for you (diagnosis, repair, and hire car until repair completed)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

With regard to the the idle shudder - do you notice it shuddering as soon as it goes to idle or does it idle cleanly for 5-6 seconds, shudder for 5-6 seconds then idle cleanly again?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The car is the z30dt engine. Has been serviced in vauxhall dealership andhistory looks ok. Its got the premier renault warranty so hopefully its all covered.

Only noticed the shudder a few times when I was at the traffic lights and when I drive off car seemed ok until I noticed it was loosing power. When the shudder came it would carry on until I drive off but it did not alternate between clean and shudder as it was constant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sounds a little different to what I had as it sounds like the shudder is there all the time on idle - my problem was after 5-6 seconds of normal idle it would shudder for 5-6 seconds only once each time I stopped -Tech 2 showed error codes P0301 and P0302 for misfires on no.1 and 2 cylinders - dealer cleaned out EGR and applied Field Remedy 2226 which has cured the problem - if this info is any use to you.

Anyway, as M8internet suggested - I'd get it back to the dealer now and investigated / Dignosed / fixed under warrenty as these things can drag on and on as the dealer changes one bit and tries again - at least that'll be their cost and only a time cost for you - especially if it's and injector problem which could be very expensive......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I agree, get it back there NOW
    Advise them if nothing is found to leave the case open and you will bring the car back in 7 days if the fault is still present
    That way, should issue remain you can refer to the original date to which it was booked in
    Equally, you may be charged for that initial visit, but in the event they later agree a fault is present then you should be able to claim a full refund for that initial charge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for your advice guys - unfortuneatley they can't book me in till 27th with courteousy car. If i don't need a courtesory car it will be the 20th. Fingers crossed that the car will last that long. Just have to take it easy and hope for the best. Noticed that if i release the accelerator when it happens and step back on slowly it will start accelerating again.

Thread Information