Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 2.2 DTI will not start!!!!

Hi all

My Vectra C 2.2 DTI (2003 53 plate) will not start.

A few days ago i changed the leak of hoses as i'd been having trouble starting the car after it had been standing for a day.

At the weekend i drove my car approx 100 miles with no problems and left the overnight on the driveway. The next morning when i came to start it it wouldnt, it turns over but its like theres not fuel getting through...

I tried until the battery was almost flat and gave up....

The AA came and sprayed a bit of easy sray into the inlet manifold and the car attempted to start suggesting what i thought there was not fuel getting in.

The AA also read the codes one of which was injection pump malfunction.

Im hoping its not the Fuel injection pump as i know these are very expensive.

Any ideas what else it could be or how i could test the pump without taking it off???

Thanks

P.S I also put some red-ex in teh fuel before the journey if this makes any difference..

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

Sounds like your pump mate

You can get it sorted for around £300 iirc or try and look on ebay for one breaking as long as you get the pump and security code for car you can reprogram it into yours

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Facelift Insignia/Corsa D

Trim : LE/VXR

Engine : 2.0 cdti/1.6 Turbo

Year : 13/07

The crank sensor can show the pump as being duff, worth changing that first and then if that doesn't work get a pump for it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Mark121 View Post
    P.S I also put some red-ex in teh fuel before the journey if this makes any difference..
    VERY ODD indeed. When I bought mine back in April last year I had the same issue after sticking redex in the tank. It wouldn't start for love nor money so got my mechanic to take it away. He came back saying there was a petrol residue in the pump so assumed previously to me it had some petrol run through it and suggested the pump might be knackered now at £1000 a pop! (Maybe that was Redex residue???)

He cleaned the whole fuel system out and got it going, only for it not to start the next day. After taking it back from me again he changed the injector seals and re-programmed the ECU for whatever that's worth. 5 day's he had it and it randomly gave him trouble. He thought he cracked it finally and handed it back to me saying "never let it get under half a tank as it thinks there's no fuel and switches the pump off".

Now that last bit is wrong I believe, I've since worked out it's purely the uphill parking that draws air in the system. When I say "uphill" I mean a very light incline you get in a flat car park. I always park nose down and rarely have issues now, even when left on reserve.

When it does fail get a mate to tow you down the road, 2nd gear, clutch up and 200' later you'll be running again. I changed my leak off pipes two weeks ago and made no difference to slow starting from cold and not tried the uphill over night but reckon no difference. The Vauxhall parts-reception guy suggested last weekend that it'll be a pin hole somewhere in the fuel line from the back, so leak offs won't solve it much. If anyone knows how2 change the whole line I'd appreciate the help/guide!

Sorry to ramble, it's just a sensitive subject for me LOL

Thread Information