0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Default Day out, trip back

A friend had arranged for us both to have a half day at the Landrover Experience centre, taking a Range Rover Sport and a Discovery around the off road courses. Great day out, I had no idea you could get them, standard, to such angles, and get through water almost over the bonnet The traction control down 50% grade hills was an interesting experience on it's own.
    Great time had by all, then we hit the traffic coming back from Solihull to Telford............. Now I remember why I avoid rush hour traffic.
    I had people driving too slow, tailgating me at...70mph(M6Toll), weaving across lanes with inches to spare at or above the speed limit, an idiot in a 33? bmw shot up the inside lane like a missile trying to cut me up and go round a lorry as 70+mph (keeping up with the traffic) in heavy traffic wasn't good enough for him - and was he unhappy when I knocked cruise of and floored it, getting alongside said lorry first.
    All I wanted was to have a quiet trip home, but it seemed 4.30-5.30pm was the wrong time to drive safely anywhere.
    Then, my wife decided she wanted a KFC, came off M54 at retail park to get some. Long queue in right hand lane, so I trickled up left hand lane, slotted into a gap in the traffic to get round to retail park (naughty but not dangerous) didn't get in anyones way, but a gent chased me on to park gesturing and waving for me to get me eyes tested and get in lane

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.9CDTi

Year : 2005

Mileage : Lots

If the space is there, might as well use it. I have to drive into Chester for college every weekday and it's horrendous. Always a queue to get over one of the roundabouts so I shoot up the other nearly always empty lane for turning right, go round the entire roundabout and come off at the exit for the left hand lane. Beats sitting in the traffic for 20 minutes. I get beeped at by people waiting sometimes. Just ignore them.

Sounds like a good day out though. Fancy doing one of the experience days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by cont1204 View Post
    Always a queue to get over one of the roundabouts so I shoot up the other nearly always empty lane for turning right, go round the entire roundabout and come off at the exit for the left hand lane. Beats sitting in the traffic for 20 minutes. I get beeped at by people waiting sometimes. Just ignore them.
    lol, I always do that myself. If more did it then it would equal out good for those in left lane aswell as it would never get to be so long..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If you can get away at short notice they offer some fantastic deals on some of the half or full days.

No harm in using a little skill and planning ahead in lane use!
    My last stretch of road before work is ****** scarey as its a VERY wide single carriageway or at least its supposed to be!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Why sit in the fast lane doing 65 when you can do 70 in the slow lane, I hate people hogging the middle and fast lanes, if I'm in the slow lane doing 75 is safer to stay there then weave out to the fast lane to over take someone, lol

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You do get some idiots driving/using the road. A few of my hates are:

1. Road works, out lane closing 2 miles ahead. Everyone crams immediately into the inner lane causing a jam. Please use both lanes right upto the restriction, and then if in the inner lane allow people to merge turn and turn about.

2. Cyclist riding on the carriageway when there is an actual cycle lane or wide hard shoulder (especially if they are wearing all the fancy gear except what is important, ie helmet).

3. Agricultural vehicles that drive very slowly for mile after mile (ie not from one field to the next).

4. People who drive at 40-50mph on country roads regardless of the spee limit (ie keep you back in national speed limit areas, but speed when they are going through villiages with 30mph limits.

Thread Information