0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Air Con on the blink.

Pretty much as soon as i picked the Vectra up I noticed the Air Con did not seem great. Today was the first chance I had to get it back to the dealer. I bought it from a Seat dealer. They looked at it this morning and have said there is so little gas left that there must be a leak, as normal deletion would not account for the levels in a 2008 car. The car is still on Vx warranty, so they have now booked it into the local Vx dealer in Belfast to get it repaired, and have arranged a car for me etc on Friday. The mechanic had already been on the phone to his Vx counterpart and it seems it is none of the usual reasons, so I just hope it is something they have parts in stock for as I need the car back to tow the caravan that evening. Not the best start to my VX Vectra owning experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamLX View Post
    Pretty much as soon as i picked the Vectra up I noticed the Air Con did not seem great. Today was the first chance I had to get it back to the dealer. I bought it from a Seat dealer. They looked at it this morning and have said there is so little gas left that there must be a leak, as normal deletion would not account for the levels in a 2008 car. The car is still on Vx warranty, so they have now booked it into the local Vx dealer in Belfast to get it repaired, and have arranged a car for me etc on Friday. The mechanic had already been on the phone to his Vx counterpart and it seems it is none of the usual reasons, so I just hope it is something they have parts in stock for as I need the car back to tow the caravan that evening. Not the best start to my VX Vectra owning experience.
    Oh dear. That leak could mean you got a hole in your condensor done by stone chips (This is very common on the Vectra C as the condensor is right at the front, first point of impact). I realise that after finding out Vauxhall told me there is a hole in my condensor, unforunately they don't repair condensor under warranty. My air con still today does not work, not repairing it until i get a custom mesh grille fitted, never know the condensor might get damage again. So yeah had a really boiling summer in the car, the old classic way, opening the window helped cool me down abit .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really a dent in ownership, you noticed it wasn't right when you picked it up and they have agreed to sort it.

Its probably where the last owner has never used it. If it was a hole it wouldn't work at all!

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes the hole was one of the things the Seat mechanic said the Vx garage had said to check for, and the grill showed no sign of damage. The Seat dealer will pay for it even if the Vx warranty does not cover the issue because the car is newly purchased (plus my cousin is the head of Sales in the Seat dealership I bought the Vectra from).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You didn't test the a/c during the test drive? Perhaps compile a list of all the other things you haven't checked yet.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything else is fine. Missed the A/C during the test drive because it was a cold afternoon (despite being August - quite common in Belfast), so it was only on the day I picked the car up (when it was sunny and 20 degrees plus) that I noticed it was not blowing very cold (led lights up etc on switch, blower fan works etc).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi William
    Quite a lot of Facelift Vectra's have suffered with this problem, the condensor on my 57 plate veccy went was replaced under warranty stealer did not state what was wrong

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Vec C goes in this week to have the condersor replaced as air con was found not to work. It was orignaly re gased but that only lasted around 2 weeks.

Had to wait around a month for the part as they still seem to be on back order.

Have also now create a lower grille mesh to fit over the existing grille to protect from road debris as Im pretty sure is what killed it in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keefy*2010 View Post
    hi William
    Quite a lot of Facelift Vectra's have suffered with this problem, the condensor on my 57 plate veccy went was replaced under warranty stealer did not state what was wrong
    What, my stealer said this wasn't covered under warranty and they quoted me just over £500 inc labour for the repair, back then my car was under warranty.

Thread Information