0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default upgrading vacuum & turbo hoses

i didnt know weither to put this in engine or styling section, so thought i would play it safe and put it in here!

I am after replacing/upgrading my hoses on turbo & vacuum hoses, does anyone know where to get them from & sizes?

i know winnie had done vac hoses but i cant seem to find thread
    Engine-DTUK eco3,K&N panel filter/airbox mod1&2,samco vac hoses,covers detailedExt-XP spliter,sig fogs,eyebrows,tinted side repeaters&rear lights,debadged,CC'd vxr valance/boot strip/calipers,heated jets,flatblade wipers,reverse cam,mtec bulbs,twin exhaust,8k HIDs,snowflakes,opel grill/insig griffinInt-TV/NAV/DVD,led&white GID conversion,footwell lighting,cooled g'box,custom headrests,blinds,JBL sub/amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone?? My bank card is waiting lol
    Engine-DTUK eco3,K&N panel filter/airbox mod1&2,samco vac hoses,covers detailedExt-XP spliter,sig fogs,eyebrows,tinted side repeaters&rear lights,debadged,CC'd vxr valance/boot strip/calipers,heated jets,flatblade wipers,reverse cam,mtec bulbs,twin exhaust,8k HIDs,snowflakes,opel grill/insig griffinInt-TV/NAV/DVD,led&white GID conversion,footwell lighting,cooled g'box,custom headrests,blinds,JBL sub/amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a look on e bay for vacuum hosing , you need 2 mm tubing as for turbo hoses apart from some one making copies on e bay for the top two hoses for some of the engines there is none available at the moment apart from those supplied by vx
    Driving vauxhall,s for 30 + years
    and still loving it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's alot to choose from on eBay, just wanted to narrow it down. From what I have seen, I think it's 4mm for the vacuum hosing. Just would like to know what the measurements would need to be for the main turbo hose

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out the suppliers of silicone hoses (only Samco springs to mind right now, but I know there are others) as they might have something in the works or be willing to use your motor as a development mule. They might even be interested in a group buy for the site. I think the 1.9 is a Fiat engine, so some of the pipes for the various Fiat group models might fit the Vec too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have had a look at samco ones from demon tweeks, might have to go down for a browse!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes its 4mm for the 1.9cdti. You don't need very much of it. I originally put 4mm on my 2.2dti but actually needed to be 2mm for me. I recently fitted my spare 4mm to a members cars the other day and you dont need very much if you are replacing the two pipes at the front, probably 50cm if that. if you are going to replace the vacuum pipe from the turbo to the vacuum solenoid as well then you will need a couple of meters.

With regards to the turbo/intercooler pipes you can buy moulded silicone replacements off ebay for the 2.2dti for £65. I assume you can get the same for the 1.9cdti. I recently had an intercooler hose split so instead of replacing it for £65 I made my own for about £30. This involves getting a tape measure out and some patience but it ends up looking pretty cool! I wouldn't like to do any complicated shapes this way though! heres my thread with pics:http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116528

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers innes!

I am after a similar set up/look to yours

Vac pipes will be done on my next days off, might just have a mooch on the bay again, but I have eerrrm been sorta banned now so i can't do more than look, so probably be a demon tweaks road trip over weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul_sri150 View Post
    ...but I have eerrrm been sorta banned now so i can't do more than look
    You naughty boy! Well at least it'll give you a chance to do the mods.

With a ban are you aloud to sit in the car with the key in the ignition so long as you dont drive off?

May I ask what the ban was for or shall I keep my trunk out??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried 4mm silicone hosing on my 56 plate 1.9cdti 8v and it made it start badly and seemed to run worse!! Will try 3mm instead!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information