Hello to all, thought I would pop my head in and say hi and show you how the Beemer is coming along. It's a very nice car but I've been having a few troubles with it since buying:
- Car had cheap replica alloys and cheap nasty tyres (2 of the alloys were buckled). This was causing wheel wobble at high speeds.
- Purchased genuine BMW MV1 staggered alloys with decent tyres and this has fixed the problem.
- Gear linkage bushes need replacing as I've got the porride stirring issue currently.
- Steering wheel is ruined (not been looked after and constantly sticky, think it's lost its protective layer), having to purchase another one.
- Mudflaps that have been installed are not made for the M sport kit and are loose and damaged the paintwork underneath the mudflaps. Therefore need to get some paintwork done.
- Latest development (may have been doing this since I bought the car or is a traight of BMW's) is that when you release the steering wheel the car likes to drift slowly to the left (following camber possibly), doesn't matter if it's country road or motorway (motorway drifts across faster as I'm travelling faster).
But apart from all that it is actually a nice car to drive.
Mods to be done soon:
- Grooved discs all round
- EBC Greenstuff pads all round
- Goodridge braided hoses all round
- Brake fluid change
- Gearbox fluid change
- Paint calipers
- Black front grills
- Halo projector headlights
- M sport alloy pedals
- Strut brace
- Eibach springs
- My private number plate
- Silvertec chrome indicator bulbs all round
- Tinted windows (COMPLETED)
- Remap (???)
- Powerflex bushes (as and when need replacing)
- Clubsport front splitters
- Chrome speedo rings
- Parrot kit
- and more......
Thanks for looking