User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Signum 2.2 Direct T Losing Power/Stalling....?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Signum 2.2 Direct T Losing Power/Stalling....?

Right, could do with some serious pointing in the right direction with this problem, as I haven't got a clue what to do next, and am loathed to pay out big money due to the fact I've not had the car that long.
    Here's the story so far...
    Had an afternoon of running around a couple of weeks back, few shortish journeys half hour to an hour apart. On returning to the car for the 3rd and final run, the car stalled. Took a few minutes to get it going again, then stalled within seconds leaving me jacknifed across the road. Called the breakdown, and 40 minutes later they turned up and the car started first turn, ran fine all the way home.
    Next day, drove to work, fine, took it to the local garage from work (not a Vauxhall Dealer), they checked and said there was a 'fuel valve core loose', tightened it and the problem seemed to settle for a week.
    One week to the day of the first breakdown, had another afternoon of dotting round, then my wife popped to her friends house, got there fine, but upon returning to the car 15-20 minutes later, it stalled then wouldn't start again. Went out in her friends car instead, came back to our car later, got her home just fine.
    Next day, drove to mother inlaws then to work, bit stuttering in places but got me there, then tried dropping it into the garge next to work, stalled 5 times in about 800 metres. Garage checked the fuel pressure on the afternoon it was playing up, ran just fine, above 4, then stalled, reading was then 3. Spoke to Vauxhall dealer, explained all of the above, he said sounded very much like the fuel pump would need replacing.
    Seems to be a recurring theme. Run the car to work for instance, leave it till home time, run it home just fine. But run it somewhere, try to use it again within the hour and it doesn't want to know.
    Not sure if it was coincidence, but the first two times, it had been refuelled that day. Has happened since though.
    Now here's the bit I don't understand, if the fuel pump is truly shot, then surely the problem would happen fairly constantly, and indiscriminatley regardless of whether the car had just been run first time of the day, or had been run, stopped and run again. Why is it only when the car has been run and not been given rest time of more than an hour??? That screams temperature/overheating/cooling issue to me?? (though I'm admittedly no mechanic).
    I was advised to check about a software update, but the Vauxhall dealer took my Reg'n number and said there were no outstanding recalls against my car.
    Right, I've deliberately been as full in my explanation as possible, possibly too long, but all the facts are there so hopefully someone can help me, since I've had a bad taste from paying out on cars only for the problem not to be resolved in the past. My wife now refuses to drive the car as she's scared of it cutting out on her in traffic etc.

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 9-3 Wagon

Trim : Turbo Edition

Engine : TID (1.9 16v)

Year : 2010

Mileage : 137000

There is a recall for the Fuel reg mate, stick to your guns and get them to sort it, if no joy just take it to another dealer, but yes it does sound like the fuel pump/ reg. you might fine that under genital throttle you wont find any problems, the fuel pump problem seams to become more apparent under heavier throttle when the pump has to work harder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Once it's been run and left, if you try to run it soon after, it doesn't matter how much throttle you give it, power is shot. But can run fine for a good long run forst time out, only seems to flare up once stopped and left to partially cool.
    When I rang the Vauxhall dealer, he asked for my Reg'n number, said the system was showing as no recall against my car??

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 9-3 Wagon

Trim : Turbo Edition

Engine : TID (1.9 16v)

Year : 2010

Mileage : 137000

Unless the work has already been done by a different owner or at service time. Have you had the codes read by a vx dealer? What make is your fuel pump?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Grand Sport

Trim : SRI VX-LINE NAV

Engine : 1.5T (165)

Year : 2018

Mileage : 37000

Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    There is a recall for the Fuel reg mate, stick to your guns and get them to sort it, if no joy just take it to another dealer, but yes it does sound like the fuel pump/ reg. you might fine that under genital throttle you wont find any problems, the fuel pump problem seams to become more apparent under heavier throttle when the pump has to work harder.

Genital throttle? Must try that myself. LOL

Seriously though, good advice gladly given as always.

Thread Information