Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Exclamation brakes recall

there is a recall on the rear brakes rippling new pads and discs are required but they will only change them if you take the car back to the dealer. Also at 60 mph the valves are sticking on 2.0 cdti 160 which means loss of power they need a week to strip down the engine and rebuild it (again they know about this as explained to me but dont what to do a national recall as this will give lots of greif to vauxhall)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Never had the valves issue mentioned when I've been talking to my dealer and never noticed any problems.

It's a fault in the pads which cause the disks to score, doesn't affect braking apparently. Mine has been done twice and the third set are starting to score again.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Technical field remedies. They will only be done if the customer complains as it won't effect every car.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by draytongsxr View Post
    there is a recall on the rear brakes rippling new pads and discs are required but they will only change them if you take the car back to the dealer. Also at 60 mph the valves are sticking on 2.0 cdti 160 which means loss of power they need a week to strip down the engine and rebuild it (again they know about this as explained to me but dont what to do a national recall as this will give lots of greif to vauxhall)
    I have asked this morning about the sticking valves and m dealer has never heard of this. Apart from the rear brakes needing changing, my car has been perfect and it's now at 22000 miles.

Regarding rear brakes, mine have been done, but if you have exceeded 18000 miles it's tough, Vauxhall won't change them.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

has anyone heard of the main battery discharging for insignia? i had a call from my dealer saying that, its a recall the software needs updating. i had it done last friday. i dont know if its for 10 plate only or not.

sorry for high jacking the post =)
    Regarding rear brakes, mine have been done, but if you have exceeded 18000 miles it's tough, Vauxhall won't change them.
    mine so far so good but its only done 5K. you guys think i should get it done?
    Last edited by visor; 2nd August 2010 at 19:59. Reason: quote

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

They won't change the rear disks until there are signs of scoring.

Never heard about the battery discharging.

Regular Member silverhairedracer's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

On the basis of this thread I went to my local stealers and enquired,their reply was they would have a look at it next time I "took it in",I do not think he was completely aware of the problem more interested in 3 other recalls on the car,an ignition switch problem,rear bumper adjustment and one other which i cannot remember what it was [might have been something to do with re-programming as they wanted both sets of keys ],Anyway when i took it in on TuesdayI took a copy of the Tech report concerning the rear brakes which he had never seen! he asked to keep the copy,when I phoned them later in the day The 3 issues had been done but they were waiting for the new discs and pads to come in so not needing the car that night left it with them,collected it Weds afternoon.
    Would sugggest you all check with your dealer to make sure there is nothing outstanding on your cars.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    has anyone heard of the main battery discharging for insignia? i had a call from my dealer saying that, its a recall the software needs updating. i had it done last friday. i dont know if its for 10 plate only or not.

sorry for high jacking the post =)

mine so far so good but its only done 5K. you guys think i should get it done?

This is a recall for Astra Js and the Insignia. There is a problem with the body control module which may is cause the battery to go flat when parked. Mine goes in, in two weeks.

Customer Satisfaction Programme: 10-R-028 Astra J, Insignia

Body Control Module

Constant quality controls revealed that on Astra J and Insignia - MY 2010, a Body Control Module (BCM) software failure may drain the battery while the vehicle is parked.

We advise Vauxhall Authorised Repairers to reprogram the BCM with an improved software version on all affected vehicles listed in the VIN information file.

Customers will receive notification directly from Vauxhall Central Office. This action is imminent please ensure all front desk staff are made aware of this important campaign
    Due to the large amount of vehicles involved we will implement a phased mailing programme of 20,000 vehicles per month to ensure Repairers workload is manageable.

The Campaign Information System (CIS) includes all affected vehicles from the 22nd of July 2010.

Please do not hand vehicles over which have not been reworked.
    Ensure vehicles are reworked and warranty claims are submitted as quickly as possible so we are able to update our records.

Attachments include, rework instruction, customer letter and master VIN file
    Thank you for your kind support and co-operation in this important matter

Regular Member silverhairedracer's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Washing & pampering the car ready for my hols on satI took a look at the rear discs,now taking in mind that they were replaced 3 weeks ago, it was as if they had never been done,a quick visit to the stealers and asked them to come and have a look,by chance there was a Vauxhall Tech guy visiting,my car goes back in on the wednesday after I come home !.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

Quote Originally Posted by draytongsxr View Post
    They wouldn't do a national recall of course - took Vauxhall long enough to recall Vectras and Signums for self releasing handbrakes Keep on it m8 as brake issues should never go ignored.

Gazza4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information