Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default help needed for the 2.0 dti signum

hello

I seem to have developed a problem with my signum, the engine management light comes one when the revs are low, and then once its on the engine stalls or go belows 500 rpm and judders. Once you turn the ignition off and restart it with high revs its fine and can drive fine until i get in to the low revs again and it will happen.

The first time it happened i thought i had picked up some crap as fuel had got low which was a few days ago, and since the first time it had done it it has been runnung fine no problems at all until this morning, when the same thing happened again, but it was fine on first start up and got about 2 miles down the road to the garage where i had filled the tank and coming out the garage got about 800 yards up the road and it stalled with the engine management light on

i restarted and the car was fine and got me a further 800 yards when it done it again, then it stopped and managed to drop my partner off at work and back to the end of the road and it done it again. restarted it and gave it one all mighty rev and was fine this time letting me complete my journey, although just before i got home the light came on looked like it was going to stall and it was almost like something had come un blocked and i gained power again and the light went off and it got me home.

Looked under the bonnet to ssee if i could see anything checked the oil and stuff and all looks okay.

I am taking it to the garage to get them to plug it in to the computer to see what codes come up but has anyone got any ideas what the problem could be?

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sounds very similar to a problem I've just had, which was only resolved thanks to other members on here having similar experiences!

Mine is the 2.2dti, but I'm assuming they're practically the same engine.

I had to replace the whole throttle body assembly on mine, as it's the tracks in the TPS that wear down and give bad signals to the ECU.

Next time it starts doing it, open the bonnet and locate the vacuum line the connects to the throttle body and disconnect it. Now drive and see if it stops. If it's now fine (you may experience limp mode though) then the above is your problem and a new throttle body is required.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia sport tourer 2.0 CDTi

Trim : /Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2014

Mileage : 34900

Before you go down that road firstly check all your hoses for splits including the small vacuum hoses and all the connectors for perishing ,
    Does the engine chuck out much black smoke when you restart after stalling?.
    Next thing to do after that is clean the boost valve and the egr , you can find how 2,s for these two jobs in the how2 section , this should only take about 3/4 of an hour and would go a long way to improving performance plus so far it has not cost you anything only a can of carburrettor cleaner and some time if after this you are still having problems well then you need to look to having the car tech 2 ed to find what fault codes are being generated
    Last edited by bobssignum; 30th July 2010 at 10:20.
    Driving vauxhall,s for 30 + years
    and still loving it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Does it happen when hot / cold, are thier other lights coming on eg radiator light?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the advice guys only appears to be doing this when it's cold. Also it does chuck out some smoke but not black and not blue either. And it's only done it occassionally. It was only about 3 months ago all the hoses were checked. I hope it's not the throttle body as that's exspensive. Just waiting for my mechanic now to whack it on the comp and see what codes appear I'm praying for a miracle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I am breaking a 2.0 DTI so let me know if you need any parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yes it is expensive, but as kman is breaking one it might be worth grabbing the part from him to see if it works.

If there are any error codes related to the throttle sensor then this is your problem.

Thread Information