Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Newspaper Letter.

I have received the attached email from two different souces today, on reading the text, I find it hard to argue with what is written.

This is a letter to the editor of a British national newspaper, from a lady who works for the Army.

'Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores in July 2002, and in New York Sept 11, 2001 - and who have continually threatened to do so since?

Were people from all over the world, not brutally murdered that day in London, and in downtown Manhattan, and in a field in Pennsylvania?

Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?

And I'm supposed to care that a few Taliban were claiming to be tortured by a justice system of the nation they come from and are fighting against in a brutal insurgency.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11 and 7/7.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere belief of which is a crime punishable by beheading in Afghanistan

I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called 'insurgents' in Afghanistan come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques and behind women and children.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of Nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.

I'll care when the British media stops pretending that their freedom of speech on stories is more important than the lives of the soldiers on the ground or their families waiting at home to hear about them when something happens.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a British soldier roughing up an Insurgent terrorist to obtain information, know this:

I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take this to the bank:

I don't care.

When I hear that a prisoner - who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and 'fed special food' that is paid for by my taxes - is complaining that his holy book is being 'mishandled,' you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts:

I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled 'Koran' and other times 'Quran.' Well, believe me!! you guessed it .......

I don't care!!

If you agree with this viewpoint, pass this on to all your E-mail friends. Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous behaviour!

If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button. Should you choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed by radical Muslims happen here in our great country!

And may I add:

'Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. Our soldiers don't have that problem.'

I have another quote that I would like to add, AND.......I hope you forward all this.

Only five defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

1. Jesus Christ

2. The British Soldier.

3. The Canadian Soldier.

4. The US Soldier, and

5. The Australian Soldier

One died for your soul, the other 4 for your freedom.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO PASS THIS ON, AS MANY SEEM TO FORGET ABOUT ALL OF THEM.

AMEN!

Mrs Michelle Hood
    Finance & Directorate Support Assistant
    APHCS(NE)HQ
    Duchess of Kent Barracks
    Horne Road
    Catterick Garrison
    North Yorkshire
    DL9 4DF
    Tel Mil: 94731 ext 3119
    Fax Mil: 94731 3604
    Civ: 01748 873119
    Fax: 01748 873604
    email: aphcs(ne)hq-aa@mod.uk

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Apparently its unBritish for one to stick up for one's own beliefs. We're meant to just accept everyone else's over our own and be multicultural and diverse.

Personally I think we should get rid of Cameron and get Mrs Hood in as PM.

spoons

I dont get it...

I dont know all the facts to put up a strong argument either way, but here is my point...

Dont throw stones in glass houses.

The great british empire was created by raiding other lands around the world and overpowering local villages and civilisations?

The great british empire spread christianity across the world by force... disregarding everyone elses beliefs.

Talking about Radical Muslims... why mention the word 'Muslims' at all?

If Radicals are radicals, then does it really matter which religion they claim to be associated with? It tars everyone else and thats not right.

If you raid another country for its oil fields because you want it more, is that right?

Like I say, I dont get it.... but somewhere along the line racial hatred will always be there and good people will get caught up in it all...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Hmm, can see both sides of this, if this original email is genuine I suspect Mrs Hood will be out of a job soon. I do recognise that Europeans made a big mistake forcing their religion all over the world and destroying existing religions, some of which were perfectly viable. I also think the UK has got too Politically Correct lately, we're always apologising and changing the system, other countries, including the Islamic ones, don't. You fit into their laws and culture or get in big trouble. I hink we should stop making so many allowance and start insisting on integration - that, and education, is the only way to beat racism, religious differences etc. I'm also prepared to give the Cameron/Clegg alliance a chance.
    Just finished a multi cornered argument with a US lady of African descent on another web site, she argued all the problems in Africa were down to white European interference and that the UK specifically is just as corrupt as the African states.
    I didn't agree apart from the enforced Christianity, all her "facts" eventually got shot down in flames by various people.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy1954 View Post
    if this original email is genuine I suspect Mrs Hood will be out of a job soon

I think it's a spammed email which has been winging it's way round and around the internet for the past couple of years, and this lady's email sig has simply become appended to it at some point - probably when she forwarded it to somebody, or her email account was compromised.

If you have a bit of a play round with phrases from the message using search engines, you'll soon find it's at least several years old and attributed to a number of sources.

I find it hard to believe that any credible letter to a British national newspaper doesn't start "Sir, ... " especially one which is supposed to have been written by a member of the armed forces, no matter how junior

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Paduwan,

Why was it sent to you?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Why was this sent to me? Not sure.

I recieved it from a sub-contractor that I use at work, he does send various jokes, many of which are insantly held in the firewalls due to there explicit content.

From memory, this came to him from colleagues in Australia.

Is it real, probably not, but our ability to post this and debate the content
    surely is the point. It is the ethics of free speech in our society that we
    should defend.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi (VXR Styling)

Engine : Z19DTH (Re-mapped)

Year : 04

Mileage : 110k

Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    I dont get it...

I dont know all the facts to put up a strong argument either way, but here is my point...

The great british empire was created by raiding other lands around the world and overpowering local villages and civilisations?

The great british empire spread christianity across the world by force... disregarding everyone elses beliefs.

If Radicals are radicals, then does it really matter which religion they claim to be associated with? It tars everyone else and thats not right.

If you raid another country for its oil fields because you want it more, is that right?

Like I say, I dont get it.... but somewhere along the line racial hatred will always be there and good people will get caught up in it all...
    This.... And Religion has never solved anything other then making people worry less about dying. If the after life is so great dont try to convert people, get yourselves to dignitas

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : saab 95

Engine : 2.3t

Year : 2006

Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    I dont get it...

civilisations were created by invading and conquering the Mongels did it the Romans did it the vikings did it the Spanish did it and the British did it the Russians did it.
    the French tried to do it the Germans tried to do it the Japanese tried it the Americans are doing it now, after that prob the Chinese will do it.

the worlds built on invading and conquering and will continue to do so for many centuries to come.

Thread Information