Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Am I right?

I have a Full CAN facelift Vectra, 06 Exclusive. It has the CD30 and TID screen. I've been reading a lot on here, but am confused, so, I'm thinking out loud, and would like clarification on a few points.
    I want BC. Simple as that. And mp3. From a factory fit system.
    SO:
    1. I can replace TID for a GID from a half CAN car, and make up a plug, then get BC tech2'd. No mp3
    2. I can get a replacement HU (CD30 MP3 up) and GID from a full CAN car, that's been divorced. Would need to tech2 HU, screen and BC. Will get mp3.
    3. I can get a replacement HU (CD30 MP3 up) and GID from a full CAN car, NOT divorced, and it would be plug and play. Tech2 for BC, and job done.

No. 3 is my favoured option, in terms of cost and ease (more ease - I'm a lazy so and so, nor am I particularly technical!!), and I'm sure I've read that's the case - the screen is married to the HU, so replacing both is lemon peasy?

If anyone can give me a difinitive answer that no.3 is feasible, that would be great.
    Thanks

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : Energy

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : 2005

Mileage : 131,000

In order of your options

Option 1 - Cheapest. (1 component + Programming)

You could upgrade from TID to GID, but I would recomment a Full CAN display. codes BK or DD are the most common.
    Some people who have gone from TID to GID have needed to fit 2 extra wires in the screen connector (an extra red - live and an extra brown - chassis) some (like me) have not.
    The screen would need to be in a divorced state, so that it could be Tech 2 paired to your car and head unit.
    The programmer would need to ensure that he inputs the correct code index, and the correct variance configuration data.

Option 2 - Dearest Option (2 components+ Programming)

This job is easier enough as far as installation goes, it is just more involved for whoever is lumbered with Tech 2 programming.

Again the comment in 1 about two extra wires may be relevant here.

Option 3 - Mid-priced option ( 2 components + potential for programming)

You could get a Screen and head-unit which are still paired in a previous vehicle, but you may still need the previous vehicle's audio pass number.
    This is because you won't know if BC has been enabled until you plug in and try it.
    This also includes steering wheel controls - these aren't always enabled in GID's, but they are in TID's. So you may need the donor vehicles audio pass number to do any subsequent Tech 2 programming.
    If you are very lucky - it will be just plug and play. (Everything already enabled).
    Yet again the comment in 1 about two extra wires may be relevant here.

The only down-side to fitting a pre-paired set-up, is that in some instances, you may occasionally hear some popping and crackling through the speakers for the first five minutes after turning off the radio or ignition. More of an annoyance than anything else.
    Last edited by Robsey; 29th July 2010 at 00:25.

Thread Information