Thread: Be Nice or Not?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Be Nice or Not?

So yesterday afternoon a couple of workmen that are working on my block knocked at the door and told me someone had just hit my car. I went down and it was the person who regularly parks next to me, an old clapped out P reg golf, covered in damage anyway.

The woman got out and said "is it ok?" so i said ofcourse its not alright, you've done a lot of damage there. Then her friend said something in another language and suddenly she said "I didnt hit the car, no, i didnt".

Basically, shes pulled in too shallow, and done the rear bumper, veryyyy bottom of the rear quarter, scraped the alloy, along the bottom of the drivers rear and into the drivers front.

Anywhos, she decided at that point that she didnt speak english anymore, and walked off. Now I know most people are going to say "should of called the police there and then" etc - But it's her husbands car, and he's a jolly chap who always says hello etc, But i cant seem to catch him! Knocked on the door three times now, shes answered and says he isnt in.

So i've left it with her that if he doesnt come and knock on my door by thisevening, or she gives me the insurance details, i'll be calling the police.

To be honest, Im rather hoping he will offer to pay for it w/o insurance, cause i dont really want to get into another claim, even though I have 2 independant witness'.

So yeah, be nice and wait for him to contact (presuming he doesnt tonight) or just contact police/mib and get details and just claim??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just realised wrong forum, my bad

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

you've given the ultimatum to contact you - NOW you will have to wait and see if they do

if they dont then report the matter to the police and then your insurers

if it had been me - at the point they decided that they DIDNT hit it and decided that they were no longer going to co-operate with you - i would have phoned the police as you had independant witnesses and got it sorted that way - take lots of piccys especially if there is paint transference from the cars as proof BEFORE they clean any "evidence" off

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

u only have 24 or 48 hours to report it by law mate from what i rem i i was u id phone the cops and report it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.6T SIDI Petrol

Year : 2014

they are trying to be clever, she made the cardinal sin of admtting liability and then was corrected by here mate.. Now its your word against theirs mate, get photos asap and if the workmen are around ask if they mind being listed as witnesses on your insurance claim.. I think the cops are not really interested unless the car that hit yours is not insured or there was an injury, they may check that for you, somebody else will fill in that detail etc.

Does your estate/block as the CCTV that you can ask to check etc (its normally pointing the wrong way anyhow)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Call the police and throw the book at her. If she had any decency she would have held her hands up and admited it.
    I despise people like her.
    Call the cops and do her for leaving the scene of an accident while you are at it. Then next time you see her, run her over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by deztroyer View Post
    you've given the ultimatum to contact you - NOW you will have to wait and see if they do

if they dont then report the matter to the police and then your insurers

if it had been me - at the point they decided that they DIDNT hit it and decided that they were no longer going to co-operate with you - i would have phoned the police as you had independant witnesses and got it sorted that way - take lots of piccys especially if there is paint transference from the cars as proof BEFORE they clean any "evidence" off

Got lots of piccys of paint transferance, held up a tape measure aswell so you can see that its exactly the same height in the places where damage is. No CCTV but both workmen have said they will be witness', already got their details. Spoke to police earlier they advised if no details are given to report it to them as a "hit and run" and then traffic trace the driver and/or give me the insurance details - I think on the ASKMID website I can pay to find out his insurers details aswell, so that might be the next step if they dont knock tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

no she walkt away so she left the scene of a accident so its a crime

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

call the police, you have been patient, and she is just trying it on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I would be paying the £3.50 to ASKMID right now if i were you to see if the cow bag is insured or not before you go to the police.
    If you do involve the police and she is not insured she will get done for no insurance (6 points) leaving the scene of an accident (Small fine) and you get left with a car with a few hundred quids worth of damage with nobody to pay for it.
    You could hope that any court she ends up in awards you compensation but wether she pays it or not is a different matter.
    I would cover all bases if i were you. Better to be safe than sorry.
    If she does turn out to be uninsured you can use this to your advantage and tell her you will call the police unless the arrange for your car to be repaired to the condition it was before. Chances are they dont know the law and how useless it is in these situations and you can get your car fixed without it costing you anything.
    She may well be insured which makes things much easier but if she is not i suggest you bare in mind what i have wrote above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information