User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Started Proceedings Against My Dealer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Angry Started Proceedings Against My Dealer!

Well I purchased My vectra 1.9 150 SRi from Henson Motor Group in benton... Before i even picked up the car there was a faf on with things being done.. I went to pick the car up on the 6th of July and when i got there i noticed that the smart repair on the rear bumper was rubbish.. the swirl flap bar was lying on the engine.. the dent on the door hadnt been taken out... They said dont worry book it in and it will be sorted... So i signed for the car and went on my way home... that night it was raining and i went down the motorway and put the wipers on highest setting and they just stopped... they would not work on the highest setting... then i got home and changed the dealer branded reg plates for my own plates and noticed the smart repair on the bumper hadnt even sprayed behind the reg plate and it was bare black plastic... So i rang the garage and they said it will be sorted...

Soooo i booked it in for thursday the 16th July and was told i should have it back for the monday... the car never got touched till the monday and i got the car back last friday the 23rd... On picking the car up i noticed that the bumper had been repaired again even worse and they still hadnt took the plates of... and the wipers didnt work and they replaced the downpipe as it had a crack in... (even though it had an mot the week before).... and was told it had an egr clean and new manifold on

So rang the garage again and was told that its a 5 year old car and thats the best your going to get... and they would sort the wipers out... took the car home again and the car was still smoking... ... so i looked under the bonnet to find a dirty inlet manifold and thought hmm thats not a new one but just didnt think anything of it but decided to check the egr valve and it was full of soot and the boost sensor was full of crap aswell... so cleaned them out and took the car out and still smoking so rang the garage and they said.. we have taken it off another vehicle and i said you cant do that.. they said yes we can as its to our discretion what we put on and were not putting brand new parts on a used car!!!!... by this time i was ratehr peeved and thought fk it i want rid of this car so rang consumer advice and they said that as ive given them the oppertunity to fix the problem and the work was substandard and they hadnt fixed the problem then i can request a replacement car upto my standards for a like for like... rang Hensons and they said your not getting anything we know the law you havent got a leg to stand on and sending us a letter about it was a waste of time goodbye .. o and by the way as youve kicked of a fuss and gone to trading standards if your car comes for repair you not getting a courtesy car as we dont have to give them out.. so rang trading standards again and they said ring them on friday as they will have read the letter and you need their response... and if they say no then you proceed to claim a full refund.. but according to TS im well within my rights of the Sales of goods act 1979 and ive only had the car for 21 days and only driven it for about 10...

Sorry for the rant but so annoyed atm lol....
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

Good for you. You should ask them if they stick used oil and oil and air filters on the cars the sell and service...........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thats an amazing lack of customer care on their part - i'll be interested to see how this progresses

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

First mistake was signing acceptance of the car
    I have had this before, don't sign until ANY and ALL outstanding work is completed
    If the acceptance date has passed then the dealership should offer a no-cost courtesy car until the outstanding work is completed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I hope you get it sorted m8 what a nasty bunch of ******* they are, all the best

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota

Trim : Yaris Hybrid

Engine : 1.5 Hybrid

Year : 2021

Mileage : 5525

best of luck getting this sorted ...........as M8internet said you should never of signed for it in the first place .........lesson for everyone when dealing with rubbishy garages

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Was that a vauxhall dealership you bought it from??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My mate bought a Megane sport from them and has had nothing but bother, in fact I have heard quite a few horror stories about them! Good luck! and Soulman it is not a rubbishy garage, it is one of the biggest independant garages in Newcastle it is really really hard to know who to trust when buying cars these days!
    Last edited by j88nya; 28th July 2010 at 19:27.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

Good luck m8

Gazza4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Heard some horror stories about them over the years, they may be one of the bigger independants but they are very poor once they have got your cash.

Good luck with your case, hopefully the small man will come out ontop.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information