0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default These Cheeky Yanks!

Anyone else think that these yankee senators have a bit of a nerve demaning that our elected government officials go over to explain themselves before a US committee regarding Al Megrahi? Bloomin' nerve! Maybe they should send their ex-president and his retinue of yes-men to explain their 'known unknowns and unknown unknowns' before our Iraq war inquiry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

typical Yanks.. think they run the world

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they would only envoke there fifth ammendment and the well worn phrase of Oliver North,,,,, i have no recollection of that!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we should invite them over here to explain their funding of groups in afgan to push the russians out who we are now fighting!

Or the fact they were "helpful" to the IRA!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Americans have already forged a link between Megrahi's release and BP, the request was totally outrageous and handled in a very polite manner by the British as usual.

They seem to forget that the Scottish town of Lockerbie and Scotland in general was as decimated by the loss as the Americans, plus the fact that the evidence against him was at best loose and at worst circumstantial (I have friends in the journalism field)

This will not go away as the Yanks are getting their ass's kicked in Afghanistan currently and need to find something else to distract them from some painful truth's

Just my humble opinion naturally

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the Yanks are right is asking why? I,m still asking why and I,m British but going over there to explain? I can think of a 2 worded reply to that

As for the BP situation the USA own shares in BP and push it as hard as any other oil company to extract the oil. They are an oil hungry nation and accidents will happen. They need to address it and look closer in their own back garden at some of their rigs that if they were in the North Sea they would not be allowed to produce

Iraq was about oil they could not get Bin Laden so they got the next best thing Hussain. It took the emphasis of the fact they could not find Laden

We listen to America we should write our debts off to other countries. Like they did after the world wars? I believe the Roosenvolt agreement has only just been finished?

America talk the talk but when it comes to walking the walk they stumble.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Mc View Post
    The Americans have already forged a link between Megrahi's release and BP, the request was totally outrageous and handled in a very polite manner by the British as usual.

They seem to forget that the Scottish town of Lockerbie and Scotland in general was as decimated by the loss as the Americans, plus the fact that the evidence against him was at best loose and at worst circumstantial (I have friends in the journalism field)

This will not go away as the Yanks are getting their ass's kicked in Afghanistan currently and need to find something else to distract them from some painful truth's

Just my humble opinion naturally
    If they can get away with this, which I think, as per reasons above, is ridiculous, how about their Air National Guard Commanders and members of Government be called to account over the ANG colonel who's flight shot up a convoy of British troops, for which he got a promotion, and the Marines involved in the shooting of the News crew that they declined to make any charge against also be held to account.
    This is getting ridiculously one sided. Who, indeed, do they think they are? Let's see how the new Government handle it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the_wave_rider View Post
    I think the Yanks are right is asking why? I,m still asking why and I,m British but going over there to explain? I can think of a 2 worded reply to that

As for the BP situation the USA own shares in BP and push it as hard as any other oil company to extract the oil. They are an oil hungry nation and accidents will happen. They need to address it and look closer in their own back garden at some of their rigs that if they were in the North Sea they would not be allowed to produce

Iraq was about oil they could not get Bin Laden so they got the next best thing Hussain. It took the emphasis of the fact they could not find Laden

We listen to America we should write our debts off to other countries. Like they did after the world wars? I believe the Roosenvolt agreement has only just been finished?

America talk the talk but when it comes to walking the walk they stumble.
    It's nice to see our politicians telling the senators to foxtrot oscar in the typical British polite way.

Agreed they need to look at themselves before mouthing off but as usual they shoot first and ask questions later, they always seem to have the rose tinted glasses on like the parent who's kids are total angels yet they are complete monsters in reallity.

The WW2 loan was paid back not that long ago, four or five years from memory.

Thread Information