User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Englandshire holiday destination advice..?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Mc View Post
    Agree with Devon and Cornwall, tis almost as beautiful as Scotland (nyuk nyuk nyuk,,,,,) a truly inspiring place

The far South Coast Dorset? or, the Lakes a magical place as it's only an hour across to the Metro Centre for err'indoors to fill her retail therapy fix,,,,,
    Quite like the lakes Derek but we will head further south this year, hopefully for better weather

Quote Originally Posted by silverhairedracer View Post
    We go away twice a year and always rent a cottage never had a bad one yet,have used Sykes cottages many times.
    The way we look for a cottage is to decide what area we want to go to,google then use the search engine for self catering.You can often rent direct from the owners which cuts out any handling fee
    As for the Peak Dist we went for the first time last year and wished we had been sooner very nice part of the country.
    With Google street maps you get can a close look at the cottage and area !
    If you want to go south Try The Exmoor north Somerset coastal area truly awesome.
    TBH i never thought about googlestreet maps etc so will get onto that now. Im glad you have good opinions on Sykes, as they seem to have a good selection of nice cottages

Quote Originally Posted by Matt&Jemz View Post
    I hear there's talks Billing could be moved next year just to through a spanner in your works there!! And also a possible destination changes too
    Hear that, also i read on MIG alot of clubs are not happy with the poor security and horrible toilets - apparently MIG had club calibra beside them and they had a full on party with DJ til 2am every night

Quote Originally Posted by the_wave_rider View Post
    I,m at Croyde Bay twice a year without fail, but the Peak District is a favourite palce of mine as well. Great for bike riding and just having a stroll. I think the Dovedale walk goes alongside the stream and is a nice way to enjoy a few hours.

As the guys have said google it and you can see the surrounding area also tripadvisor is a good way of reading up about it
    Its the lure of the biking and walking that is drawing us to the peaks, also its close proxoimity to alton towers and thomasland which is good for the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by scottyd View Post
    me and my mrs stayed near ripon in yorkshire with cottages4u. had a great week and its not too far away, good price for cottage
    cheers bud, will look at their site

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sig View Post
    That's the one thing that puts me off with Scotland. Think I'd have to fly up and hire a car
    Well im 2hrs north of Glasgow so you would manage the central belt in pretty good time. You know you want to try deep fried mars bars

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Im starting to sway towards Cornwall now - seen a few lovely cottages around the bodmin/newquay area and given the beaches etc it would be perfect for the kiddies

http://www.sykescottages.co.uk/cotta...arm-2967.html#

This one looks nice but open to links to other places where people have stayed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post

Hear that, also i read on MIG alot of clubs are not happy with the poor security and horrible toilets - apparently MIG had club calibra beside them and they had a full on party with DJ til 2am every night

Didn't hear any of that, or was it us

That cottage is about 2 minutes from our house too!! I've got work rest of week but will have a nosey next week if you want.

Bugle has nothing to do in it, St Austell isn't far and Bodmin is even closer. Both small towns, not sure what St Austell has to offer tourist wise but we have the Jail!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If you would not mind having a nosey at that place that would be superb

Plenty of tourist guff around your area(like us up here) so it would easily keep us occupied for a week - also i the weather is nice its beaches galore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Will pop over one day next week for you.

As for things to do, me a friend of mine when I lived a bit further away camped down here for 4 nights I think and found loads to do and that's two 21 year old and we didn't even go out partying

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

No partying, poor show!?

Appreciate the assistance guys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information