Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 04

Mileage : 000

Not a good idea to bite the hand that feeds you. Looks like you have got off on the wrong foot. There are many members on here who could give you answers to the cars "faults" you mentioned. But If you rub the members up the wrong way you will get a negative responce. You chose the car. A lot of the faults you mentioned are easy to sort out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Delmarine View Post
    ohh some responses.......

1. I didnt buy it from a garage. It was on a recommendation from a so-called friend to buy this from his mate who had so lovingly looked after it (yeh right!). Having trusted my 'friend' and in desperate need of something quickly for my new job I didn't give the car much of a test drive. (Ok so its more fool me but thats history n damage is done now)
    2. I didnt ask anyone on here for help - I joined because finding threads from google searches I couldnt access threads without joining the forum.

a very good point - but as this is the intoduction section were MOST people come in to say hi and say a little piece about their history on cars, you could have easily popped a post saying hi i'm ........ ive bought a ........ and i think its a lemon ....more about this in my next thread in .........

or even just registered and THEN searched the forum for the info you do indeed need

I will now be able to follow the links and if they are of any use follow any advice given. Seems theres plenty of problems discussed on here so I should find some answers without resoirting to specifically asking for help thanks.
    3. Leemarksmith - You may very well be right!
    4. in relation to the previous vauxhall - was fine when i got it. but within 6 months had spent hundreds on it with one thing after another going wrong. electrics/suspension then finally diesel pump. All from a 3-year old car. My stepson has a Vectra B SRI 150 and has a similar story to tell with suspension problems and 2 batteries in 8 months.
    5."With a post like that I'm not helping. Don't bite the hand that feeds! Lets slag off a car on an owners forum and then ask for help after admitting you hate all vauxhalls". Well I think its better than lying, and again note i didnt actually ask anyone for help. It's my car and I reckon that gives me a right to slag it off. These are my experiences with vauxhalls and I aired them. Shame on me. Lets just say good things and pretend the world is a lovely place full of fairydust and happy thoughts. If you have bad experiences either keep them to yourself in case it upsets someone or dress it up in a pink ribbon and a smile?
    Get real.

we are a realistic bunch of people on here and we have all experienced problems in some way or another -thats genrally how some people (like yourself) initially find car forums

Like you said its an owners club not a Vauxhall love-in. I owned a number of things in my life i thought were cr@p and just as then I am gonna have to make the best of it and try some damage limitation. Through trusting people I ended up owning one o these things and figured this was the one place I could and should say what i thought about it and that I'd be entitled to my opinion. Guess I was wrong. (Slaps wrist and makes a mental note to ensure I lose sleep over it all)
    (I have to wonder how many of you can honestly say you've never had a bad experience with anything you have purchased in your lives and not said 'I wont get another one of those!'
    I'm not slagging anyone off for buying one of these cars, good luck to you all, I hope you don't have half the problems I'm having, but allow me my opinion and the right to voice it.

again you are entitled to your own opinion - and freedom of speech is a wonderful thing - its just how its worded that makes all the difference and WHERE its posted within the forum that affects the repsonse that you will illicit from our members

and welcome to the forum -
    stick around - we can probably help you sort your problems relatively cheaply although i suspect that the veccy is a base spec model if the seats are like a board - you could always uprate the interior

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information