0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down newbie

Hi only got the 53 plate dti vectra 2 weeks ago - on recommendation as i needed a cheap reliable diesel cheap to run for a new job. Unfortunately i was in a mighty rush as the company passat from my old job had to go back.

What a mistake! god its horrible! Driver's seat like sitting on a piece of wood, and not even adjustable lumbar support!

Cruise control with dodgy switches (didnt have opportunity to check during test drive)

Suspension banging on bumps like someone trying to get out of the boot (also not noticed on the short test drive.

Spanner light (engine management?) on and off like a disco strobe light once the car warms up.

69000 miles and fit for the scrapyard.

Never again! Only joined the forum to find out how to fix some of the multitude of broken bits lol.

Best get it done soon so i can sell the heap of sh** and get a real car.
    £1500 well and truly wasted-had an astra years ago n vowed never again would i buy anything with a vauxhall badge on it, shoulda taken my own advice! I want my Passat back! (Even nissan micra looking good after this experience - how sad is that?!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you hold on m8 - you should get loads of help with an intro like that..........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From your post its all your own fault (no sympathy what so ever), you test drove the car and should have noticed the all the issues you have mentioned, I bet the garage you bought it from had huge windows

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delmarine View Post
    Never again! Only joined the forum to find out how to fix some of the multitude of broken bits lol.

Best get it done soon so i can sell the heap of sh** and get a real car.
    £1500 well and truly wasted-had an astra years ago n vowed never again would i buy anything with a vauxhall badge on it, shoulda taken my own advice! I want my Passat back! (Even nissan micra looking good after this experience - how sad is that?!)

With a post like that I'm not helping. Don't bite the hand that feeds! Lets slag off a car on an owners forum and then ask for help after admitting you hate all vauxhalls.

nice one Jog on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair, they could all be cheap fixes, clean the cruise switches, rear trailing arms etc... You seem to have just got hold of a bad one...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only joined the forum to find out how to fix some of the multitude of broken bits lol. i think you could of put that and the rest of youre post a bit better.what made you buy the car if its as bad as what you said.????????????????????????????????????????.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for coming. There's the door. Pull it shut behind you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

been an opel owner for years. had everything from corsas, to signums and anything that gave trouble is fixable and affordable,

before tarnishing every car under a particular badge as terrible you may want to consider what way the car was treated by previous owners.

if you managed to buy another bad vauxhall before maybe you should update your checklists when going through a test drive. If a car does ANYTHING that doesnt make me happy i walk away unless its something simple that can improve the sale in my direction (like bulbs)

best of luck with the repair and resale.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default steaming pile of poo

ohh some responses.......

1. I didnt buy it from a garage. It was on a recommendation from a so-called friend to buy this from his mate who had so lovingly looked after it (yeh right!). Having trusted my 'friend' and in desperate need of something quickly for my new job I didn't give the car much of a test drive. (Ok so its more fool me but thats history n damage is done now)
    2. I didnt ask anyone on here for help - I joined because finding threads from google searches I couldnt access threads without joining the forum. I will now be able to follow the links and if they are of any use follow any advice given. Seems theres plenty of problems discussed on here so I should find some answers without resoirting to specifically asking for help thanks.
    3. Leemarksmith - You may very well be right!
    4. in relation to the previous vauxhall - was fine when i got it. but within 6 months had spent hundreds on it with one thing after another going wrong. electrics/suspension then finally diesel pump. All from a 3-year old car. My stepson has a Vectra B SRI 150 and has a similar story to tell with suspension problems and 2 batteries in 8 months.
    5."With a post like that I'm not helping. Don't bite the hand that feeds! Lets slag off a car on an owners forum and then ask for help after admitting you hate all vauxhalls". Well I think its better than lying, and again note i didnt actually ask anyone for help. It's my car and I reckon that gives me a right to slag it off. These are my experiences with vauxhalls and I aired them. Shame on me. Lets just say good things and pretend the world is a lovely place full of fairydust and happy thoughts. If you have bad experiences either keep them to yourself in case it upsets someone or dress it up in a pink ribbon and a smile?
    Get real.
    Like you said its an owners club not a Vauxhall love-in. I owned a number of things in my life i thought were cr@p and just as then I am gonna have to make the best of it and try some damage limitation. Through trusting people I ended up owning one o these things and figured this was the one place I could and should say what i thought about it and that I'd be entitled to my opinion. Guess I was wrong. (Slaps wrist and makes a mental note to ensure I lose sleep over it all)
    (I have to wonder how many of you can honestly say you've never had a bad experience with anything you have purchased in your lives and not said 'I wont get another one of those!'
    I'm not slagging anyone off for buying one of these cars, good luck to you all, I hope you don't have half the problems I'm having, but allow me my opinion and the right to voice it.

Regional Organiser - East Region whiskyno7's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default cars

m8 I've had fords.vw's.now vauxhalls. they can be just as bad as each other. there is good in every make and model.and all so there are bad ones.if you spent a little less time moaning. and gave the car some t.l.c. you might just find the car grows on you. all so you should thank the last person for letting it get in to disrepair. if you wont help on fixing some of the problems ask. with a please and a thank you. not a moan i have a 03 plate. and have driven hundreds of miles in it and it has not let me down yet good luck on fixing your car m8
    it say's it all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information