0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Boost sensor clean!.

Just carried out the "How 2 boost sensor clean".F**K me!!!!!!!!!!.Tha car went down the road like a drag monster.
    Still that little slow pick up at the low end in first,(I suppose with the vecy you just have to live with it),but after that,Jesus H Christ,it was awesome just f***ing awesome.I was going to buy a tuning box but I don't think I will bother now.If I do,I can see myself being on first name terms with the local plod!!!!.
    Has anyone else had the same kind of result?.It would be interesting to compare notes.
    A big thank you to that man,what a brilliantly simple effective "How 2". Felixx.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep

every 3 months it comes off with my egr and meets its destiny with a toothbrush and carb cleaner

to be honest i think the above shold be routine service items on CDTI where egr is still intact.

you might want to look at posts where some users have a) blocked egr and b) vented the crank

this should in theory keep the inlet manifold clean and thus reduce the need to clean boost sensor

but as with all plusses there are some potential drawbacks which are well versed by others.

I'm still running with EGR + closed vent system but hoping to do something with egr in next week ( not blocking but I'm still working on my idea ) and putting a high flow oil filter trap to reduce oil going back to inlet from crank /cam

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep I did it along side the EGR and had same results :b very impressed, While I had the engine cover off I noticed two of the injectors were chuffing gasses so sorted the seals whilst i was at it! No more diesil smell in the car!!!
    Happy days

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felixx View Post
    Just carried out the "How 2 boost sensor clean".F**K me!!!!!!!!!!.Tha car went down the road like a drag monster.
    Still that little slow pick up at the low end in first,(I suppose with the vecy you just have to live with it),but after that,Jesus H Christ,it was awesome just f***ing awesome.I was going to buy a tuning box but I don't think I will bother now.If I do,I can see myself being on first name terms with the local plod!!!!.
    Has anyone else had the same kind of result?.It would be interesting to compare notes.
    A big thank you to that man,what a brilliantly simple effective "How 2". Felixx.
    Glad it was of some use, enjoy

Thread Information