Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Angry Possible CID problem

Hi guys

I have been having issues with getting keys encoded to my Vectra the local garage tried recently and he said his tech 2 unit say's there is a canbus line down then said it is a cid fault and he couldnt access the car, he offered to fix it for me at a large cost which I didnt do at the moment. I have heard about cid faults before but they involve the dash display and steering angle senor issues, my question is could a faulty cid stop him accessing my cars diagnostics?? if this is the case hope can he change this unit because I thought he had to copy a load of info from the old module to the new one. God why is the Vectra so ****** complicated. ggggrr

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

As you have a 2002 veccy i assume its a NCDC Radio and CID,ive never heard of a faulty CID not allowing tech2 to acess security settings how ever the radio and screen are a bridge between the canbus.But i would assume if the CID was faulty it wouldnt allow you access to the security setting for the information display or radio but couldnt see why it wouldnt let them code a key.
    I would take it else where and ask them to run a check and ask for any codes that pop up.

Are you having any problems with radio and CID at the moment ?

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

No I dont have any faults at present apart from what I believe to be an intermittant egr valve fault (I occasionaly get the spanner symbol when motorway driving that either self rights or goes away after a restart) As far as I know I dont have any electrical faults the stereo and screen work fine, the alarm and central locking work fine and I have had no issues with the speedo clocks, it is a replacement radio installed before I got the car and it has the aux cable soldered to the internal pins as per the 'how to' on here. Would that cause issues with the canbus line? I have had a look and the soldering is on the correct pins and is of a good standard not bridging anything. I did wonder about the chap who connected the tech 2 equipment as it wasnt the usual electrics guy who was on holiday but not knowing much about the tech 2 system you believe what people say when they r meant to be the experts. thankyou for answering my post I am definately going to get a full membership at the end of this month this forum is a must for Vectra owners!

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

I would get a 2nd opinion first mate then take it from there,if there's any fault codes ask them to write them down and if he still says there's a fault with CID ask him to show you what fault is occurring so you can then tell us
    I wouldn't of thought the AUX mod would alter anything on the canbus side and if everything is working as it should then i cant see where the fault would be.

I would check all connections at back of stereo and CID just to make sure its all secure

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Thread Information