Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Astra GTC VXR

Trim : VXR

Engine : 2.0t

Year : 2013

Default GSi servicing.

Just been looking through my books and have just noticed that the 7th annual service will be due at the end of next month, it's a shame that they say that it's got to be done every year/20000 miles as since the last service was done it's only covered 3000 miles.
    My question is does anyone have any idea of the damage i'm looking at to get it serviced as i want to keep the service book all stamped up and it will be the first time ever i have taken a car to a main dealer for a service (always done my other cars myself).

Thanks people, and for those going to the rolling road meet at Redline next Saturday i'm looking forward to meeting you and having my rolling road cherry popped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Depends what work will be required when serviced I guess. If it's just oil / filters / plugs etc, shouldn't be too bad. But knowing main dealers, you never know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The plugs aren't easy to change on the 3.2, so there'll be a hefty labour charge - IF they're due to be replaced at that service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 04

Mileage : 000

Joking apart. I have a 3.2 V6 Elite. I have serviced mine since the warrenty ran out. I doubt it that I would get any more for my "gas guzzeler" if it had full service history. Motors like ours do not seem to keep their value. Unles an en thusiast wants " your" motor.
    I allso tend to keep mine for a very long time so any service data is of much use when selling it, other than I know it has been looked after, probably better than VX would have done.
    Last edited by ed taylor; 17th July 2010 at 21:29.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Astra GTC VXR

Trim : VXR

Engine : 2.0t

Year : 2013

This is the newest car i have ever owned so would like to keep it as good as i possibly can, would seem a shame to default on a perfect full service history.
    I would do a service myself but with a car like this i think i will leave it to someone else.

My old man has a 2.6 Omega CDX and he's the same, every service it's taken to the main dealer and we all know that the resale price of the Omega is worse than the Vectra.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperhart View Post
    This is the newest car i have ever owned so would like to keep it as good as i possibly can, would seem a shame to default on a perfect full service history.
    I would do a service myself but with a car like this i think i will leave it to someone else.

My old man has a 2.6 Omega CDX and he's the same, every service it's taken to the main dealer and we all know that the resale price of the Omega is worse than the Vectra.
    I see what you're saying, but as neither your 3.2 or your dad's Omega are inside the original 3 year warranty, find yourselves a "good" garage, regardless of whether they're a Vauxhall dealership or not. I bought an Omega 2.5 some years ago that had only ever been worked on by Vauxhall dealers, and when I came to change the disks and pads myself the pads I took out had anti-rattle shims on the back - and that's a very old design of brake pad, and my guess was that the dealership had fitted whatever they had sitting at the back of the shelf.

Thread Information