0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Identification Help Please + more

Vauxhall Signum 3.0CDTi '55 plate (face lift model with the Z30DT engine) with 38,000miles

I've an ongoing problem with my a/c condenser but whilst trying to get a part number off of it at the weekend I happened to be looking on the underside of the car. Much to my surprise hanging out of one of the slots in the engine undertray I could see the threaded portion of a long bolt, with a little jiggle I managed to pull the thing out. I'm presuming its managed to come undone from somewhere and rattle its way down to the undertray but judging by its size I'm guessing it should be doing something fairly important. Tonight I intend to get the car up and see if I can find an empty hole where this bolt may of come from but maybe someone on this forum will be able to identify it or give me a clue as to where it may of come from. Anyways heres a picture

The only number on the bolt reads 'KX-3 109'

Now I also have another problem with the car that only manifests itself when the engine is idling, but its particularly bad just after startup. I can only describe it as a surging vibration throughout the car that rises and falls in a crescendo. The engine sounds fine and appears normal but I can feel a vibration or surging through the car, any ideas?

ps. I'm new to vauxhalls

Thanks for any help anyone can offer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- sorry mate works web browser blocks the piccy - but .....

how long have you had the car ??? was any work compelted recently by anyo one else PRIOR to you buying it?

.... sounding by the vibration it could be an engine mount bolt or maybe from a pulley - so the 2 items may be linked ....sorry i cant be much more help but i'll try again tonight when i get in and can see the item... unless someone else can answer the problem in the mean time

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those sorts are used all over the place, but possibly the engine mounting blocks would be a good place to start mate? Especially if you're getting vibration issues...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks lads.

I've found the rightful home for the 'spare' bolt

After getting the car up on axle stands and removing the under tray I found the engine mounting bracket on the bottom/rear of the engine/gearbox to be loose. The block itself has a large bushed bolt securing it to the vehicle chassis but the two bolts that were supposed to attach the engine/gearbox to the mounting bracket were missing. So that identified the correct home for the bolt but now I am missing one so I'll have to get a replacement from vauxhall, naturally whilst I was there I put the bolt I had back in.

However I must admit I am a little concerned about the fact that the bolts were missing and an engine mount was completely ineffective. The previous keeper had only had the car around 11mths when she decided to get rid of it, apparently because she wanted a Jaguar . But that meant that by the time I got the car it was coming to the end of the Network 'Q' warranty, I cant believe they would miss such an obvious fault? Maybe she did have some work carried out but I'll never know.

From memory the service history was pretty good, a few changes of ownership although the servicing nor vauxhall gave any indication about it being a troublesome car. First owned by Vauxhall, sold to a private owner, received its first service at approx 6000miles, then again at circa 18,000miles. At circa 24,000miles it was p/x'd with picador vauxhall who carried out the network Q inspection and gave it another service. From there it was sold to the keeper that I bought the car off and the mileage was just under 30,000miles by the time I got it and the network Q warranty had a few days left to run.

So as far as I can tell there has'nt been any work carried out recently and I am sure the bolts that were missing were out of place for quite some time.

Anyone had any experience with network 'Q'? Is it worth me writing them a letter?

On a good note though for the last few years I have been maintaining a pair of VWs (the wifes and my own) but after working on the Signum I'm liking it even more, its a lot easier to work on that the VW, maintenance friendly I'd say

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good news on the bolt front then

you can by all means write Vx / dealer / network Q a letter ....but i'm not sure they would do much about it based on the time/milage coverered since it was last with them ??

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Thread Information