Thread: How far will a dealer go...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default How far will a dealer go...

OK after many unresolved issues with my veccy, i finally gave up on sorting it at a franchised dealer and went straight to GM, I now have a meeting organised at my local dealer with the Franchise Principle, Service Manager and the area manager from VX that looks after the franchises in my area.

I have had the car since september last year and have had nothing but problems, my question is are they likely to swap my car for another rather than fixing the issues?

The issues are;

Misfire that they have been unable to fix or diagnose
    Mis-matching rear lights,
    Front bumper doesnt sit straight,
    Bootlid doesnt sit straight,
    Rear wheel bearing needs replacing
    Full service history has been made up!!
    Car has been in 2 accidents although i was told it had never been in an accident when i bought the car.
    Was told that there was no claim limit on my warranty and since found out there is a £600 limit!

Just interested as to people previous experience in similar situations, also they have an 07 Elite in which is the oldest Vec they have in stock, mine is an 05 breeze (same engine) - kinda hoping the swap it over!! Leather heated seats would be soooo nice!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

WTF!!!! Thats shocking. What you may be able to do is tell them that you are rejecting the car under the terms of the sale of goods act. They have a duty to repair your car, but things like the fact its been in an accident they cant rectify, however as long as it was only panel damage that's not a big issue. Can you prove the full service history has been made up? If you can, and if it was that dealership that made it up they have committed Fraud. Im assuming you must have been in touch with the previous owner to know about the accidents and the service history?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

indeed - if they dont want to sort it then i would be speaking to trading standards ....and the police for fraud

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : Club

Engine : Y20DTH

Year : 2005

Mileage : 79k

yes mate tell them you reject the car and you want a replacment thats how i got my vectra . Just tell them str8

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had problems with my one, not the same as yours but just as many, so i phoned up trading standards and got told under the sales of Goods act, the garage you bought it from has to replace or fix the problems either themselves or by a vauxhall dealership. Also got told that you are entitled to a exchange but you will lose money and it is a lengthy process as it will probably go to court.

I told the garage this and they fixed all of my problems and gave me extended warranty for the hassle.

Just tell them that you have spoke to trading standards and they will probably s..t it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by matt2002 View Post
    The issues are;

Misfire that they have been unable to fix or diagnose
    Mis-matching rear lights,
    Front bumper doesnt sit straight,
    Bootlid doesnt sit straight,
    Rear wheel bearing needs replacing
    Full service history has been made up!!
    Car has been in 2 accidents although i was told it had never been in an accident when i bought the car.
    Was told that there was no claim limit on my warranty and since found out there is a £600 limit!
    See the sticky on consumer advice here:
    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showth...onsumer+direct

If you bought from a VX dealer then if they can't repair/fix the misfire if reported during their warranty period you are in with a good shout of rejecting it, even more so if it under the Network Q programme.
    Bootlid and bumper are probably ones you should have spotted beofre purchase and agreed repair prior to coughing up...
    FSH needs proving and CD will escalate your complaint to your local TS department for further investigation and possible enforcement action.
    The last two you'll need written proof for to make headway.

Good luck, but defo head to Consumer Direct for your clear advice and to have the details of your complaint forwarded to Trading Standards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for your advise guys looks like vx are fixing all issues as they have my car in for the week, they are going to investigate the service history and speak to the garage which claims to have serviced my car, they have also said they will change my warranty limit to unlimited and extend by 12 months, although they have said that they still cannot diagnose the misfire, really want them to swap it for the elite they have on the forecourt, but don't think they will! Will keep you updated!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : Club

Engine : Y20DTH

Year : 2005

Mileage : 79k

Quote Originally Posted by matt2002 View Post
    Thanks for your advise guys looks like vx are fixing all issues as they have my car in for the week, they are going to investigate the service history and speak to the garage which claims to have serviced my car, they have also said they will change my warranty limit to unlimited and extend by 12 months, although they have said that they still cannot diagnose the misfire, really want them to swap it for the elite they have on the forecourt, but don't think they will! Will keep you updated!!

if they cant fix the misfire that means the car is faulty, they should give you a replacement car of the same value, tell them you reject the car (sales of goods act) and you want a replacement (the one on there forecourt)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

Quote Originally Posted by chris1804 View Post
    if they cant fix the misfire that means the car is faulty, they should give you a replacement car of the same value, tell them you reject the car (sales of goods act) and you want a replacement (the one on there forecourt)
    Yup. They have to fix it, its not a case of "cant" matt. If theres no fault code it basically a case of going back to basics and changing bits untill it no longer misfires. The Alternator seems to be a common issue ive noticed on here. Thats the trouble these days they are no longer mechanics any more, most are just "fitters" these days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : SRi

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2011

Doubt you can reject the car after 10 months to be honest

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast