Thread: Swirl Flap Problems

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs up Swirl Flap Problems

Having a 5 year old 1.9CDTI 150 Signum means invariably you will more than likely have had problems with the swirl flaps. Our family workhorse is no different, first having the problems some 12 months ago @ alittle under 50k miles. We ran the cheap fix for 12 months before it failing and the problems coming back

After phoning around for prices on parts and labour we ended up speaking to Chris @ Regal Autosport to see if he would do the work for us. It turns out they actually have a long term fix which will stop the fault re-occuring. Having agreed to leave the car down there for a week we have recently got it back on Saturday, all i can say is wow, the car is transformed like when we first picked it up.

I spoke to Chris to find out exactly what they have done, it turns out their approach to stopping the issue coming back is quite straightforward.

First off they replaced our broken inlet manifold, not a 5 minute job by all accounts. Testing of the swirl flap actuator is done just to make sure it is ok, along with replacing of the EGR valve and cleaning of the Throttle body. The EGR valve is then blanked off with a plate and refitted back to the inlet along with all the other bits and pieces. While all this was off we also had the cambelt and waterpump replaced, although this isn't part of the fix !!

Once the inlet is all back together the car is flashed with the EDS software. This removes the EGR error and lights and also increases the performance (circa 180-190bhp) and increased fuel economy. It does all this while retaining the standard cars protection when cold and hot, something i was keen to keep with my wife using it daily.

So was it worth it ?? The car fits our needs perfectly with a child and 2 dogs, so without putting in large amounts to trade it then 100% yes. It wasn't cheap as you can imagine, but it was still less than vauxhall were quoting with the added bonus of the problem never coming back.

With these cars getting on a little and this becoming more of a problem Regals can offer this as a drive in drive out solution. Its worth a 5 minute phone call to save the amount of money we did over vauxhalls prices !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra-C

Trim : SRi XP2 Nav

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Year : 2008

I'll second that. I bought the EDS-IPF kit which allows the flashing to be done at home, you get the hardware and it saved me having to travel a few hundred miles too. With mine being 21/2 years with 15k on the clock, I wanted to minimise or stop this happening before it was too late. So far, runs great. Very smooth and even whilst taking advantage of the extra power now and again, no change in fuel consumption for me.

Thread Information