Thread: whos been to silverstone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default whos been to silverstone?

has any of you guys been to silverstone to see the f1. im a big f1 fan but have never been able to go and see the British GP. My father in law is also a big fan but due to a long term illness he's never been able to go either. i was going to take him this year but was unable to afford it. anyway I'm going to get tickets for next year as a surprise, but if any of you have been what are the best tickets to go for. Ive looked and the prices range from like £50 to over £2000. i just want to go for race day, i dint want the cheapest tickets with the worst view but dint want to pay hundreds, anyone got any advice please? cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have just got back from silverstone this afternoon, it is a good atmosphere and the cars are really loud. I went for the full weekend with some family and brother and parents, it cost 290 quid for the tickets whiohc was for the full 3 days access and then 140 quid for the campsite which is called whittlebury park, which te hotel there the players all stay in so managed to see a few people. The campsite was a good atmosphere. If you where going for the full day then the luffield b stand is a good stand see quite a bit but the new pit straight will be a go area to watch it form, I am most likely going to go back again next year as it was really good. During the day there is other races going on which are the gp2 and 3, porchse races and grandparade lap of all the f1 drivers, So overall it is a really good day out for al the family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi I went for the first time on friday, excellent atmosphere & loud! it is expensive (compared to Moto GP anyway!) but I viewed it as a one-off to see the greatest racing driver of my generation -Schumi! (just waiting for the abuse to come my way now lol) but I think i will be going back...
    like Martin I like Luffield & the (current) main pit-straight, not too keen on the new Arena area. The only other thing to say is there are a lot of people there, very crowded, not all stands have cover, as you mentioned the health of your FIL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Estate (150) Nav

Trim : SRi

Engine : 1.9 CDTi (150)

Year : 2006

Mileage : 126000

I went last year, with my best man, FIL & BIL thinking it was going to be my last opportunity to do so, paid £240 (race day only), seats in Stowe A. Great view of cars coming under the bridge down Hangar straight, round Stowe, Vale & Club and up the hill to Abbey. VERY loud - earplugs essential IMHO. I found the main race a bit isolating (no conversing with friends during race) but enjoyed the experience overall. You just don't get the atmosphere, volume, smell of fuel, brakes etc. at home. I only live 5 miles from the circuit, parked on a friend's drive in Silverstone village and walked in, which was handy! I watched from my sofa this year, though did take my lad into the garden to watch the Red Arrows and listen to the cars in the distance during the race.

Thread Information