Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Latest ECU Vectra C Software?

I've had all the associated problems with a faulty EGR. The independent garage I take my car too got the EGR fault codes whilst the car was doing all the juddering bits. They ordered and fitted the blanking plate as no EGR replacement are are available for the petrol 2.2 Direct engine as per Vauxhall fix. They also "hung" the EGR valve on a bracket and left it attached to the management system and said I needed the ECU to be reprogammed by a Vauxhall dealer.

The local VX dealer was unaware of the fix for the EGR problem but he checked with VX and said it was indeed correct that a ECU reprog would be required. I had the reprogram completed but the juddering fault occurred whilst they drove the car out of the workshop.

I asked the VX mechanic if the reprogram software specifically prompts for the EGR to be ignore/bypass and he said no he loaded the latest software for my car (as per the VIN card) which would automatically ignore the EGR. The usual EML lights and juddering occurs intermittently as before so now I'm at a loss, is it a different cause than the EGR (I'm waiting for the fuel pump regulator recall to be carried out) which was diagnosed as being at fault or has the reprogramming not been carried out correctly. I have less confidence in the reprogramming as the VX dealer's service manager nor mechanics knew nothing of Vectra EGR problems until I prompted them to find out.

Does anyone know if the software should give the option to bypass the EGR as I can't believe the full software download will automatically bypass the EGR as I would have thought there are differenet options for different problems not a one download fixes all.

Any advice would be gratefully received as I don't want to spend unnecessary money on paying for having non-existent faults fixed whilst the original problem remains.

Thanks in advance

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i cant see a manufacturer issuing software to "ignore" a component especially if its sill fitted to the vehicle for a reason, or blanked off.... but they may adjust the paramaters to ignore certain readings that would normally bring on an engine management light under specific circumstances

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by deztroyer View Post
    i cant see a manufacturer issuing software to "ignore" a component especially if its sill fitted to the vehicle for a reason, or blanked off.... but they may adjust the paramaters to ignore certain readings that would normally bring on an engine management light under specific circumstances

Thanks for the prompt response and that's exactly what I think but the mechanic at the the VX delear's was quite clear that he just downloaded the latest relevant ECU program and was of the opinion that this would contain the EGR bypass. I suppose I'm looking for someone to tell me exactly what the software bypass involves when using the Tech2 software so I can either challenge the dealer with the correct info or just accept there's another fault that requires diagnosing and repairing.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

Benny would be the best one to answer that, think hes on his hol's though?
    Plasma's Tech2 services are now partially open and able to provide services

Come Join our new forum Insignia Owners.com for all your Insignia chat and needs

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

im not 100% it has been a while from doing my last z22yh reprog but it does delete the egr valve from the system if it has been done to the latest program from tis2web it wont be in the system so your missfire / judder maybe another fault that needs looking at i would get the fuel reg done then see how it goes ...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    im not 100% it has been a while from doing my last z22yh reprog but it does delete the egr valve from the system if it has been done to the latest program from tis2web it wont be in the system so your missfire / judder maybe another fault that needs looking at i would get the fuel reg done then see how it goes ...
    Thanks very much.....I hope that the fuel reg fixes it as it is really frustrating as in between the intermittent faults the car runs very smoothly you just never know when it's going to occur. However I think it appears to occur in hotter weather when in slow moving traffic with low revs or idling again in hot weather for about 5-10mins. After an incident starting is also a hoot as you have to really hold the foot down the accelarator as the engine will die and then when you can drive the car at higher revs for about 10 mins everything is hunky dory until the next time. I'm hoping this points to fuel reg problems.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Does sound like the fuel pump / regulator issue, incidently with the EGR business on the Z22YH, if the EGR is found to be faulty they are supposed to fit blanking plate in place of the valve and reprogram the ECU so as to de-activate it, what bothers me with yours is that even with it de-activated as they might have done and not removed it, the valve may be stuck e.g in the open position, which surely could cause some running issues, also as from engine No.11544562 (21.02.2006) the EGR valve was omiited in production.
    Cheers Pete

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

confused

I was told by the independent garage that fitted the blanking plate that the valve had to be connected to the ECU monitoring until the the ECU had been reprogammed to by pass the EGR. When I had the reprogram done the fault reocurred and when I asked the VX mechanic whether the software "prompted" to bypass EGR he was of the belief that downloading the latest software would automatically bypass/ignore warning lights for the EGR and would not remove the EGR as they weren't involved in the original diagnosis. Benny intimated that this could be the case wrt to ignoring the warning lights but thinking about it if someone had the latest softwre downloaded for another fault how would the ECU detect and subsequent EGR fault?
    If the EGR is still recognised by the ECU and is stuck permanently and "hanging" would the fault not also be permanent.
    I'm really hoping the recall for the fuel sensor fixes the problem and if it's the fuel pump that needs repalcing it manifest itself before my CarCare plan warranty expires at the end of August

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

From what I can gather, it appears that the fuel regulator is the cause for the pumps failing in the first place, problem is even if the regulator is replaced, damage to the pump may have already occured and this is what happened to a friend of mine with his motor, so in your case I hope they diagnose the pump U/S aswell seeing as you still have some warranty left, at least that way you won't have the worry of the pump failing somewhere down the line, if only the regulator is replaced if you see what I mean.
    Cheers Pete

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Car going in next week for the fuel pump regulator recall as they now have the parts available. Had to be towed home on Sat as couldn't get the fault to clear despite the high revving which might have been due to not being able to get a run (temp traffice lights, road junctions etc). Car started fine about 4 hours later and on subsequent days. However I've noticed an "oil service 1,000" EML prior to starting which wouldn't suprise me at all with all the oil that must have been burnt by the high revving to get the car going on several occassions. I'm not risking driving it until I attempt to get it to the dealers for the fuel pump regulator change. I've lost all faith in the car as it can't fulfil the basic requirement of being reliable enough to get from A to B. I've conditionally traded it in against a BMW and I'll just have to hope the fault doesn't manifest itself on the day I swop at the latter end of next week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information