0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default car just been hit...!

just had my astra dti reversed into by a neighbour she flew out her drive and smacked the rear bumper..! its my wifes car and she is flipping out..! lol phoned police they gave me a ref no,

the girl admitted she was a fault and has offered to pay for it if i get quotes to get bumper fixed but i have her details and took pics just incase she gets funny and doesnt pay for it,

whats everybody's opinion on this what would you do? the police say its my choice, i have a few witnesses who saw it so if she dont pay up i should be able to claim from her insurance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the police dont generally get involved in no injury RTC's unless there's a suspicion of alcohol... or if its a fail to stop

if she's admitted liability then get the quotes pass them on and be nice.... if she coughs up all done and dusted ....

remember its not like an normal RTC you live next door to them and if it goes wrong your still going to see them every day, so nice and cheerful and let them pay if they want ...if they dont then yoy can go via insurers

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bad damage? might be hidden like a bent slam panel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny, 2 accidents on here in the last couple of hours. One hit and one being hit. If you involve insurances it can still effect your premium, even though you made no claim, if you don't she may try to get it done on the cheap through a friend of a mates brother in law whoz a pikey with NFA. So you have no come back. But as its a neebour you dont want to fall out with them and cost them large amounts of dosh. Difficult call.

Quote Originally Posted by deztroyer View Post
    or if its a fail to stop
    They dont get involved in them either........... Sorry to go off topic but I came out one morning to find the indicator hanging out, my wing dented and the bumper cracked and no "ooops sorry I hit your car heres my phone number" under the windscreen. Cops wern't interested in the slightest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats the plan gonna be nice and give them time, then if all else fails ill call insurance, like you say we live next to them so gotta be civil,

the bumper is badly scratched and a couple marks on the tail gate which will buff out so not that fussed, think the bumper bar under the plastic might be bent so ill need to take the bumper off to check that, id even settle for a bumper from a breakers aslong as it gets painted,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vauxhall-john View Post
    thats the plan gonna be nice and give them time, then if all else fails ill call insurance, like you say we live next to them so gotta be civil,

the bumper is badly scratched and a couple marks on the tail gate which will buff out so not that fussed, think the bumper bar under the plastic might be bent so ill need to take the bumper off to check that, id even settle for a bumper from a breakers aslong as it gets painted,
    This is how it goes (so be prepared):

1) Guilty party thinks it will cost about £70 to fix, so she's happy to pay that.

2) You get a couple of fair quotes, perhaps £250ish, she almost faints when she sees them.

3) Her boyfriend/dad/brother/boss (always a male) knows someone who does spraying at the weekend and will do it for £100 and she/they beg/intimidate you to use this guy.

4) You rightly refuse, it's your car, you're not asking a Porsche dealer to do the repairs, just a reputable bodyshop who will at least give you a receipt and a guarantee.

5) You end up claiming off her insurance, either via your policy, via a 3rd party loss recovery company or via her insurers directly (if they're clued up - it's cheaper for them that way).

6) Egged on by suggestions from her friends and family, she tries her best to persuade her insurers that you're at least half to blame (his car was stupidly big, he parks it badly, maybe his car rolled into my path). her insuers roll their eyes and say "madam, if you hit a parked car, it's always going to be your fault...".

7) You get your car fixed and she marks you down forever as an insurance fraudster.

8) Come renewal time she's banging on your front door clutching her inflated renewal quote, demanding to know why her insurance has gone up so much. "It's your policy, not mine" you reply....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

her boyfriend chapped on my door this morning and he got quotes over the phone between £80-£150 from a few diff places, i went to a place close by today and they said they will paint it for £120 so id be happy to go with that,

her boyfriend also said that they will have the cash waiting for me on monday so im gonna go to their door tonight and tell them how much it is and see what reaction i get,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
    This is how it goes (so be prepared):

1) Guilty party thinks it will cost about £70 to fix, so she's happy to pay that.

2) You get a couple of fair quotes, perhaps £250ish, she almost faints when she sees them.

3) Her boyfriend/dad/brother/boss (always a male) knows someone who does spraying at the weekend and will do it for £100 and she/they beg/intimidate you to use this guy.

4) You rightly refuse, it's your car, you're not asking a Porsche dealer to do the repairs, just a reputable bodyshop who will at least give you a receipt and a guarantee.

5) You end up claiming off her insurance, either via your policy, via a 3rd party loss recovery company or via her insurers directly (if they're clued up - it's cheaper for them that way).

6) Egged on by suggestions from her friends and family, she tries her best to persuade her insurers that you're at least half to blame (his car was stupidly big, he parks it badly, maybe his car rolled into my path). her insuers roll their eyes and say "madam, if you hit a parked car, it's always going to be your fault...".

7) You get your car fixed and she marks you down forever as an insurance fraudster.

8) Come renewal time she's banging on your front door clutching her inflated renewal quote, demanding to know why her insurance has gone up so much. "It's your policy, not mine" you reply....
    pretty accurate description imo.

Thread Information