User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: front bumper

  1. #1
    Regular Member chris1804's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sandwell
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default front bumper

    i know this has been covered, but since ive took my bumper off (front) it dont look right it dont sit right there is a few MM gap by headlights and it looks pushed out a few mm all the screws are in and tight, it dont look that bad but because i know it aint right im always looking at it, the bumper wont fall off will it?

  2. #2
    Regular Member mikeeaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    widnes
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    as long as all the screws are tight it wont fall of i would try and loosen them off again and try and adjust the bumper then retighten screws i had the same problem with mine i had to hold it in place whilst tightening hope this helps

  3. #3
    Regular Member chris1804's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sandwell
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeaston View Post
    as long as all the screws are tight it wont fall of i would try and loosen them off again and try and adjust the bumper then retighten screws i had the same problem with mine i had to hold it in place whilst tightening hope this helps

    yea ive done this a number of times, holding it and then tighten them, this might sound stupid but do the screws have a flat or pointed tip? or dont it make any diff? because when i took them out some was flat and some had a point on

  4. #4
    Regular Member chris1804's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sandwell
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeaston View Post
    as long as all the screws are tight it wont fall of i would try and loosen them off again and try and adjust the bumper then retighten screws i had the same problem with mine i had to hold it in place whilst tightening hope this helps

    will give this another go tomorrow

  5. #5
    Regular Member mikeeaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    widnes
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    wouldnt really think it mattered as long as there are tightening up all the way. might sound stupid but there is no wires hanging over that will stop the bumper fitting flush.

  6. #6
    Regular Member old cruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    slough
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Mines the same mate, I've tried allsorts to rectify it, like you holding it then tightening and doesn't make any difference in fact on passengers side I can grab bottom of bumper and yank it up a bit , then slightest little bump in road it's back down again, beginning to think it's always been this way as I cannot see how it can fit any different to the way it is as everything is where it should be i.e all the plastic rivets , clips and screws, got to be bad fitment from new I think on some vehicles at least, ****** cars are crap arn't they!! LOL wish i had the money and get rid and get something that's built properly, was having a look at my brothers new car (well new to him) it's a Lexus IS250 now that is built well, everything fits as it should, wouldn't mind one of these myself, but they are quite pricey it has to be said , so for the time being I 'll have to keep hold of my poor mans Lexus LOL.
    Cheers Pete

  7. #7
    Regular Member JagRigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Norfolk
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : Design

    Engine : 1.8 VVT

    Year : 2007

    Mileage : lots !

    Default

    Mine was like this too after I put it back on. Like you, it really bugged me.

    Turns out it was some of the little 'tab & slot' type clips down the sides not quite making, and actually holding things apart.

    Cleaned them up, and paid careful attention to them at refit - job sorted

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Shropshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old cruiser View Post
    LOL wish i had the money and get rid and get something that's built properly, was having a look at my brothers new car (well new to him) it's a Lexus IS250 now that is built well, everything fits as it should, wouldn't mind one of these myself, but they are quite pricey it has to be said , so for the time being I 'll have to keep hold of my poor mans Lexus LOL.
    Cheers Pete
    Just so you know my friends toyota coraola (the new one) is way worse than the vectra, you sort of have to bend the bumper over the clips to get it off and once its removed it will never be quite right unless you fit a new bumper. Toyota are the same as lexus, don't put your vx down all cars have problems you just might not know about them!

  9. #9
    Regular Member Jezzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    S.E
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old cruiser View Post
    Mines the same mate, I've tried allsorts to rectify it, like you holding it then tightening and doesn't make any difference in fact on passengers side I can grab bottom of bumper and yank it up a bit , then slightest little bump in road it's back down again, beginning to think it's always been this way as I cannot see how it can fit any different to the way it is as everything is where it should be i.e all the plastic rivets , clips and screws, got to be bad fitment from new I think on some vehicles at least, ****** cars are crap arn't they!! LOL wish i had the money and get rid and get something that's built properly, was having a look at my brothers new car (well new to him) it's a Lexus IS250 now that is built well, everything fits as it should, wouldn't mind one of these myself, but they are quite pricey it has to be said , so for the time being I 'll have to keep hold of my poor mans Lexus LOL.
    Cheers Pete
    Calm down mate, it's just a bumper. No need to omit full stops because of it. lol

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    the two screws under the wings actually move a sliding mount that 'hold' the bumper, take it off and you will see, sounds like these have not engaged.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Signum front bumper (Vectra c pre-facelift sri bumper) rubber skirt
    By 2.2 DTI SRI in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28th February 2012, 20:23
  2. Rear Bumper Repair GSi, Front Bumper soon!
    By Vectra_C_Chris in forum Quick Photo Album
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 7th June 2011, 12:32
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11th March 2008, 19:28

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •