User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.2petrol wont rev/oil level light on/etc HELP!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 2.2petrol wont rev/oil level light on/etc HELP!

Hi , My signum 2.2 petrol direct has the oil level light lit on the dash despite thier being plenty oil in the sump , i replaced the oil level switch in the sump at great expense and time but it has came back on , the previous owner obvoiusly had the same problem as the oil was overfilled when i bought the car , trouble is when it is overfilled it does put the light off but it seems to burn oil as i can see it in the mirror and the exhaust is black , i had the oil changed and engine flushed and it was fine for a week with the odd smokey moment but the garage said it would take a day or two to go as the exhaust would have oil in it and they seemed to think it would go away , today the light came back on and i dipped the sump and it shows just on the spade part at the top so there is plenty , the car now wont rev over 45-55000 rpm and there is no accelerration to speak of , there is also an oil leak from the rear of the engine so i have powerwashed the engine to see where it is coming from , is there a breather issue? is there a sensor issue ? can anyone throw some light on these issues? anyones assistance would be appreciated , Alan

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

can u see where the leak is actually coming from????? how many miles has the car done?? does the car idle smoothly and is there any crap coming out the exhaust at idle? are there any funny noises coming from the engine anywhere???

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by wanna veccy View Post
    can u see where the leak is actually coming from????? how many miles has the car done?? does the car idle smoothly and is there any crap coming out the exhaust at idle? are there any funny noises coming from the engine anywhere???
    Hi , the car has done 84232 miles , i cant see where the leak is or if there is one but there was a lot of dried and damp oil on the gearbox and underneath , i have only did 12 miles since i washed the engine so nothing has shown yet , the car is a bit lumpy on idle and on throttle and there is some black particles like soot on the outside of the hatch but i will have to put a rag over the exhaust at idle to see , no funny noises ,any ideas? thanks Alan

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

is the eml lite on in the dash? is it on wen u turn the key to just before u start the car ie making sure they havent pulled the bulb, it sounds as if its in limp mode, u say u have replaced the sensor for the oil, is the wire poss shorting out on somthing or has a break in it ? i would take ur throttle body and egr valve of and give them a good clean, there is how to do s on here if u look, if u have made sure that the wire and sensor are ok and there is no eml lite showing but is working, clean all the breather pipes to as well as in side the manifold wen u take the throttle body off ,i hear the dip stick gives to readings if u turn it 1 way then the outher try this to, the leak could be from the sump ? if after u have done all that ur next option is prob to change the oil pump .

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

also it the not reving past 4-5k revs could be a faulty hp pump or fpr fault to be honest mate be fore u go down the route of changing the oil pump see if some 1 will plug it in to a comp to see if its throwing any fault codes and i hear 2,2 s are bad for burning oil

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Lada

Trim : Riva

Engine : 6.0 V12

Year : 1954

Mileage : 567890987

Is there not a also an Oil Pressure switch seperate from the oil level switch?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

confused

Quote Originally Posted by DasArab View Post
    Is there not a also an Oil Pressure switch seperate from the oil level switch?
    Hi ,thanks for all the replies , i do think the car is in limp home mode , the engine light has came on and i cant do more than around 40 mph flat out and i will not accelarate , i am not now driving the car , i added a bit more oil which put out the orange oil can light , i think the oil pressure switch causes a red oil can light ? i am thinking of cleaning the egr , i am also going to do an oil/filter change and clean the breathers ,still trying to see an oil leak but it may have been an old repaired leak or ouil spill from being filled , any other suggestions will be appreciated and i wikll keep my developements posted as i have no doubt they are common and a few will be interested including my wallet , Alan

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

tbh if the thing is burning off oil then that would suggest to me that piston rings could be the problem.to check that oil is circulating round the engine,remove the oil filter and get someone to quickly turn the engine over but not too much cause if the oil pump is working, allot of oil will shoot out at u so get a couple of old rags ready too.if u remove the egr valve then u will have to bleed the cooling system as u will loose abit of coolant but maybe a quick egr clean will not go a miss. i would deffo check breather pipes too as they quickly block up with crud.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by hoochydady View Post
    also it the not reving past 4-5k revs could be a faulty hp pump or fpr fault to be honest mate be fore u go down the route of changing the oil pump see if some 1 will plug it in to a comp to see if its throwing any fault codes and i hear 2,2 s are bad for burning oil

Hi , update time , car was looked at today and plugged in to diagnose , its either a high pressure fuel pump or if i am extremely lucky its a solenoid , i had the car serviced at the same time , the oil problem /smoke was due to overfill , the car doesnt have an oil leak and the oil level sender is fine so its all ok apart from the fuel pump/solenoid issue , i believe if its the pump i may be in for a big hit , any suggestions anyone? apart from suicide haha , Alan

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hi mate there is 2 makers of the hp pumps 1 is the older 1 1 is the new updated 1 if u search on here theres a thread or a few about it and i think the part number for the updated 1 u can find them on ebay from £299-400 i think, and its 3 bolts and a 2 pipes so its not a hard job im told never done 1 yet so dont qoute me on that lol hope this helps u oh and from what im told it was a seal that made the old 1s go im also told that u can fix the old 1s

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information