Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : 1.9 cdti

Engine : 150 Z19DTH

Year : 08

Default Car accident- Advise please

On the way to work this mo had an accident (1st time ever). hit another car that braked for an oncoming ambulance from the rear. No serious damage to my car (just scratches) but bumper of the other car was slightly out of place (possibly needs taking off and fitting back in place). No other damage to both cars as far as we both checked. I have offered to get it fitted at my expense without involving the insurance. I guess the other driver will have informed their insurer. Haven't informed mine yet.
    Still waiting for a call from the other driver to give me quote from garage for the damage.
    Question is if we get it sorted without involving insurers, will this affect my NCB and should I expect an increase in premium?
    Advise please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by 123rado View Post
    On the way to work this mo had an accident (1st time ever). hit another car that braked for an oncoming ambulance from the rear. No serious damage to my car (just scratches) but bumper of the other car was slightly out of place (possibly needs taking off and fitting back in place). No other damage to both cars as far as we both checked. I have offered to get it fitted at my expense without involving the insurance. I guess the other driver will have informed their insurer. Haven't informed mine yet.
    Still waiting for a call from the other driver to give me quote from garage for the damage.
    Question is if we get it sorted without involving insurers, will this affect my NCB and should I expect an increase in premium?
    Advise please.
    Only if you inform your insurance but be warned even if you dont go through your insurance your premium next year will go up.
    As for NCB No you wont loose any

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Elite Nav Grand Sport

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2017

suppose that depends on your insurer i had a similar thing two years ago someone hit me (not my fault ) they offered to fix the car which they duly did but i notified the insurance just out of courtesy so all went well .......until my renewal came in and my premium had shot up the reason being i had a claim in the system which could have resulted in a claim against me even though no claim was ever made by me or the other driver ..so if it ever happens again and the other driver pays up i will not be telling the insurance a damm thing
    the company was admiral who i'm glad to say i'm no longer with

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : 1.9 cdti

Engine : 150 Z19DTH

Year : 08

Quote Originally Posted by kns View Post
    Only if you inform your insurance but be warned even if you dont go through your insurance your premium next year will go up.
    As for NCB No you wont loose any
    Other driver just sent a text now. Not interested in my offer to pay for repairs. Want to take it thru insurance. Think I 've just lost the NCB haha and premium defo will go up. Time to call my insurer then.Got an insurance excess of £500.
    Last edited by 123rado; 2nd July 2010 at 15:21.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.8 VVT

Year : 2009

Mileage : 42800

I had a claim last year due to my parked car 'allegedly' rolling into the back end of another parked car on a hill. Unfortunately, i didn't turn the wheels in towards the kerb.

Anyway, there was absolutely no damage to the front of my car, which was buried in the rear bumper of the other car. assessor came and looked at mine & checked the handbrake, which he deemed to be fine.

In the end, after dragging on for about 3 or 4 months, i had a letter from my insurers saying they had paid out in full for the claim. This meant that i then lost 2 years no claims, but didn't have to pay any excess as i was told that was only if i had any repairs to my car.

When my renewal came through it was around £470, but, after calling Chris Knott, got a comparable policy for just over £300, with all mods & the claim declared. My previous insurer was Admiral, need i say more!

I shall also be making sure i protect my no claims in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

In general terms if you hit a car from the rear then you are to blame however when my wife was hit a couple of years ago the person who ran into her made up a mythological tale of mystery that bore no relation to the fact nor truth and despite the old rule, managed to reduce the claim to a knock for knock.

So, try to demonstrate that the car in front had no need to stop for either safety or provide highway clearance (if this happens to be so) and play on the fact that you were of the opinion that it was incompetance on the other drivers part, that, and rubber necking that they stopped for no reason whatever that their irresponsible act was the cause and blame of the accident and, then, if it is dealt with by a shrewd negotiatior from your insurer should beat the claim down to knock for knock and the excess be wiaved to be paid upon yourr car not theirs.

It hinges of if the car had reason to stop or if it was over zealous behaviour that endangered you, as it feels and sounds like this 3rd party is going to go for a compensation claim against you and that part can actually be quite costly in NCD loss and future premium hike's so, have no conscience about dressing up your opinion and fact recollections as they are going to stuff you if they get a chance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

- i have to agree with the above, as stated u dont have to stop 4 the services unless they cant get through,they are trained to drive round u - u could claim the other driver jumped on the brakes and u didnt stand a chance(if thats what happened)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

Quote Originally Posted by kentish_bloke View Post
    but didn't have to pay any excess as i was told that was only if i had any repairs to my car.
    A guy at my work reversed into my car a few years back, he told me the same, he never claimed for his car so never had to pay his excess.

Thread Information