User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Vectra 2.0 Dti "LS" Question For Ya!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Vectra 2.0 Dti "LS" Question For Ya!

Hi Guys,
    Apologies if i have posted this in the wrong section, im new to the whole forum thing & how it works.

I have recently baught a Vauxhall Vectra 2003 plate for £3500 (dunno if that was abit expensive or not but i have it now so hey) very low mileage on it for a 2.0 Dti think its the "LS" if that means anything to anyone but at only 49,000 miles.. anyway... the car is in good condition considering its age, a few marks here and there but no dents. im after some tips really help on a few things...

1. Cleaning Materials..for the interior.. on the roof lining there are a few marks dunno where they come from as they were there when i baught the car.. the marks look like oil based marks although i cant be sure. if it is oil based.. what the best & safe way to get these to come out without smearing it in anymore than it is??

2. I am also looking at upgrading (styling) the car without spending a great deal of money as the mrs will give me GBH of the ear, im looking at maybe some..
    • side skirting?
    • installing front fog lights?
    • tinting rear windows?,
    • i'd prob have to save a few quid for maybe some UV lights under the side skirting.. are these still legal?
    • clear brake lights or tinted one's? as for the side indicators can i change or tint them at all?
    I have already seen one of the "sticky's" on the forum about getting started which is great.. im just looking for more idea's on smart looking tweaks and changes on the car but dont want it to look to much like a boy racer car.

im now a 1st time Vauxhall owner so its kinda new to me, i dont mind doing some if not most of the work myself but when it gets far too technical i'd rather get someone else to do it but ill prob pay through the nose for it to be done and rather not the Mrs is the best Guard dog for my wallet lol. i have recently managed to replace the Relay's and Resistor pack for the Blower/Heater fan as speeds 1-3 were not working (common fault it seems).

Question for you guys... (yet another)
    Acceleration for the Vectra Diesel doesnt seem to sharp, but that could be because ive been used to running a petrol motor & smaller engine i dont know. when pulling away and shifting through gears 1-3 i can hear a clear "whilstle" sound as it picks up speed, sounds like the turbo unit.. it worries me alittle as i used to own a Mk1 & Mk3 Ford Galaxy before, the Mk1 Galaxy Turbo made pretty much the same "whistle" & before i knew it the turbo unit packed up, had to buy another one at the tune of £200+ now on the Mk3 Galaxy it was only a 1.9tdi baught from knew, i never got the "whistle" sound from that. is this a common thing with the vectra's guys?

must admit these are nice cars, can't beleive how much room there is in the boot. might come in handy one day when the mrs says i can't have a new toy for me car. stick her in the boot & get shot of her..lol

Also on another note, anyone know where i could get decent boot tidy from? maybe something i can attach to the back seats to hold all my bits n bobs in like my little 2 ton trolly jack, socket set etc? i just hate things rolling about in my motor.

Think i have set someone a mission to answer all my questions arghhh.. any help would be great, even pointers or tips i havent mentioned would be good.

thanks in advance guys

Street.
    Last edited by Street Hawk; 30th June 2010 at 01:14. Reason: spelling mistake (sorry)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the club mate, i'll try and answer most of your questions for ya, others will be able to give better answers on some things though

1. Cleaning Materials..for the interior.. on the roof lining there are a few marks dunno where they come from as they were there when i baught the car.. the marks look like oil based marks although i cant be sure. if it is oil based.. what the best & safe way to get these to come out without smearing it in anymore than it is?? I personally use autoglym interior cleaner, it takes pretty much everything out

2. I am also looking at upgrading (styling) the car without spending a great deal of money as the mrs will give me GBH of the ear, im looking at maybe some..
    side skirting? Many options for you here, you could colour code what you have (Standard and colour coded skirts are of the same design) There are also skirt upgrades i.e VXR,Irmscher, Steinmetz etc
    installing front fog lights? I believe that some early cars may have the wiring for this but will need the loom completed and tech 2 to activate the specific bcm
    tinting rear windows?, You could do that or fit exact fit window blinds that can be removed if you wanted to
    i'd prob have to save a few quid for maybe some UV lights under the side skirting.. are these still legal? Don't think they were ever legal unless off a public highway
    clear brake lights or tinted one's? as for the side indicators can i change or tint them at all? It all depends on the colour of the car and your preferences tbh, yes you can change the side indicators and there are a few members that even have them colour coded
    I have already seen one stick on the forum about getting started which is great.. im just looking for more idea's on smart looking tweaks and changes on the car but dont want it to look to much like a boy racer car.

im now a 1st time Vauxhall owner so its kinda new to me, i dont mind doing some if not most of the work myself but when it gets far too technical i'd rather get someone else to do it but ill prob pay through the nose for it to be done and rather not the Mrs is the best Guard dog for my wallet lol. i have recently managed to replace the Relay's and Resistor pack for the Blower/Heater fan as speeds 1-3 were not working (common fault it seems).

You will find alot of members that will be willing to help you on your way mate

Acceleration for the Vectra Diesel doesnt seem to sharp, but that could be because ive been used to running a petrol motor & smaller engine i dont know. when pulling away and shifting through gears 1-3 i can hear a clear "whilstle" sound as it picks up speed, sounds like the turbo unit.. it worries me alittle as i used to own a Mk1 & Mk3 Ford Galaxy before, the Mk1 Galaxy Turbo made pretty much the same "whistle" & before i knew it the turbo unit packed up, had to buy another one at the tune of £200+ now on the Mk3 Galaxy it was only a 1.9tdi baught from knew, i never got the "whistle" sound from that. is this a common thing with the vectra's guys?
    The DTi has a notoriously loud turbo tbh, keep an eye on oil levels but turbo failure is not that common on the dti. As for the lack of power look up the how2 section to show you how to clean the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve and boost sensor

must admit these are nice cars, can't beleive how much room there is in the boot. might come in handy one day when the mrs says i can't a new toy for me car. stick her in the boot & get shot of her..lol

Also on another note, anyone know where i could get decent boot tidy from? maybe something i can attach to the back seats to hold all my bits n bobs in like my little 2 ton trolly jack, socket set etc? i just hate things rolling about in my motor.
    Ebay?

Think i have set someone a mission to answer all my questions arghhh.. any help would be great, even pointers or tips i havent mentioned would be good.

thanks in advance guys

Street.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your reply John, sorry i aint replied sooner. ill give autoglym a try and see what the results are. i like the idea of window blinds sound cool, the styling, eg body kit etc i'd need to look into, as im a novice to be honest when it comes to fitting things to cars etc. i dont suppose you know of any decent websites for vectra styling at all? or a site i could get some idea's on styling for my vectra. the colour is black, and if i can get a shance ill try to find a way of uploading it on here =) i think ill skip on the UV lights under the car i think it just maywell over do it and i dont want to go OTT on it really. i am pleased to know that the DTi is notorious for loud turbo's i really dont think i could handle a huge repair bill to get one of them replaced. thanks for the tip on the lack of power i think that will be top of my list of things to do. ahh the wonders of ebay.. well i need to spend abit of time on there it seems as i have been quoted £170 just for the chrome window trims on the car by the Dealers.. ouch! but for that price they can keep it haha.

thanks for your reply john, its much appriciated.

regards
    Street.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by john.robertson2 View Post
    Welcome to the club mate, i'll try and answer most of your questions for ya, others will be able to give better answers on some things though

1. Cleaning Materials..for the interior.. on the roof lining there are a few marks dunno where they come from as they were there when i baught the car.. the marks look like oil based marks although i cant be sure. if it is oil based.. what the best & safe way to get these to come out without smearing it in anymore than it is?? I personally use autoglym interior cleaner, it takes pretty much everything out

side skirting? Many options for you here, you could colour code what you have (Standard and colour coded skirts are of the same design) There are also skirt upgrades i.e VXR,Irmscher, Steinmetz etc
    installing front fog lights? I believe that some early cars may have the wiring for this but will need the loom completed and tech 2 to activate the specific bcm
    tinting rear windows?, You could do that or fit exact fit window blinds that can be removed if you wanted to
    i'd prob have to save a few quid for maybe some UV lights under the side skirting.. are these still legal? Don't think they were ever legal unless off a public highway
    clear brake lights or tinted one's? as for the side indicators can i change or tint them at all? It all depends on the colour of the car and your preferences tbh, yes you can change the side indicators and there are a few members that even have them colour coded
    I have already seen one stick on the forum about getting started which is great.. im just looking for more idea's on smart looking tweaks and changes on the car but dont want it to look to much like a boy racer car.

You will find alot of members that will be willing to help you on your way mate

The DTi has a notoriously loud turbo tbh, keep an eye on oil levels but turbo failure is not that common on the dti. As for the lack of power look up the how2 section to show you how to clean the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve and boost sensor

must admit these are nice cars, can't beleive how much room there is in the boot. might come in handy one day when the mrs says i can't a new toy for me car. stick her in the boot & get shot of her..lol

Ebay?

thanks in advance guys

Street.

Thread Information