Apologies if i have posted this in the wrong section, im new to the whole forum thing & how it works.
I have recently baught a Vauxhall Vectra 2003 plate for £3500 (dunno if that was abit expensive or not but i have it now so hey) very low mileage on it for a 2.0 Dti think its the "LS" if that means anything to anyone but at only 49,000 miles.. anyway... the car is in good condition considering its age, a few marks here and there but no dents. im after some tips really help on a few things...
1. Cleaning Materials..for the interior.. on the roof lining there are a few marks dunno where they come from as they were there when i baught the car.. the marks look like oil based marks although i cant be sure. if it is oil based.. what the best & safe way to get these to come out without smearing it in anymore than it is??
2. I am also looking at upgrading (styling) the car without spending a great deal of money as the mrs will give me GBH of the ear, im looking at maybe some..
I have already seen one of the "sticky's" on the forum about getting started which is great.. im just looking for more idea's on smart looking tweaks and changes on the car but dont want it to look to much like a boy racer car.
- side skirting?
- installing front fog lights?
- tinting rear windows?,
- i'd prob have to save a few quid for maybe some UV lights under the side skirting.. are these still legal?
- clear brake lights or tinted one's? as for the side indicators can i change or tint them at all?
im now a 1st time Vauxhall owner so its kinda new to me, i dont mind doing some if not most of the work myself but when it gets far too technical i'd rather get someone else to do it but ill prob pay through the nose for it to be done and rather not the Mrs is the best Guard dog for my wallet lol. i have recently managed to replace the Relay's and Resistor pack for the Blower/Heater fan as speeds 1-3 were not working (common fault it seems).
Question for you guys... (yet another)
Acceleration for the Vectra Diesel doesnt seem to sharp, but that could be because ive been used to running a petrol motor & smaller engine i dont know. when pulling away and shifting through gears 1-3 i can hear a clear "whilstle" sound as it picks up speed, sounds like the turbo unit.. it worries me alittle as i used to own a Mk1 & Mk3 Ford Galaxy before, the Mk1 Galaxy Turbo made pretty much the same "whistle" & before i knew it the turbo unit packed up, had to buy another one at the tune of £200+ now on the Mk3 Galaxy it was only a 1.9tdi baught from knew, i never got the "whistle" sound from that. is this a common thing with the vectra's guys?
must admit these are nice cars, can't beleive how much room there is in the boot. might come in handy one day when the mrs says i can't have a new toy for me car. stick her in the boot & get shot of her..lol
Also on another note, anyone know where i could get decent boot tidy from? maybe something i can attach to the back seats to hold all my bits n bobs in like my little 2 ton trolly jack, socket set etc? i just hate things rolling about in my motor.
Think i have set someone a mission to answer all my questions arghhh.. any help would be great, even pointers or tips i havent mentioned would be good.
thanks in advance guys