User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: So i got the courtesy car yesterday and..

  1. #1
    Regular Member vectraboyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default So i got the courtesy car yesterday and..

    Its FAB!!!!

    I have a 1.2 Corsa D.

    And its such a giggle, admittedly not fast (understatement of the year!!)

    But its a nice drive and i love it!

    C'MONNNN!!!!

    haha, thats all

  2. #2
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Golf 7

    Trim : GTD

    Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

    Year : 2014

    Mileage : 40000

    Default

    I had a 1.2 Corsa D courtesy car a few months back and it was slooowwwww - alot more than usual as it had the gearing of a 1.3 deisel - wide ratios

    Gazza4

  3. #3
    Regular Member vectraboyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza4 View Post
    I had a 1.2 Corsa D courtesy car a few months back and it was slooowwwww - alot more than usual as it had the gearing of a 1.3 deisel - wide ratios

    Gazza4

    haha,

    it is appalingly slow in all honesty. it will stay at 80ish easily enough but overtaken requires alot of planning lol

  4. #4
    Regular Member martin_SRI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Billingham, Stockton on Tees
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I used to have one and nice to drive, and yes it did take a lot of planning for overtakin had it from new till 18 months down the line a crashed it on the m42.

  5. #5
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Golf 7

    Trim : GTD

    Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

    Year : 2014

    Mileage : 40000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vectraboyy View Post
    haha,

    it is appalingly slow in all honesty. it will stay at 80ish easily enough but overtaken requires alot of planning lol
    Did you have a stupid light indicating when to shift up? I did in the one I had

    Gazza4

  6. #6
    Regular Member vectraboyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza4 View Post
    Did you have a stupid light indicating when to shift up? I did in the one I had

    Gazza4

    I do haha! it comes on regardless of your engine speed lol
    its pretty good fun though.

    Got it till Friday mwahahaha

    Drinks the fuel a bit though, £63 in 24hours :'(

  7. #7
    Regular Member SRi Oli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Barnsley
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Last week the one i had was a Corsa SXi petrol, the new shape, 10 plate is that the D?
    It was stupidly slow, and didnt even have aircon.

    The one the week before was another 10 plate i think it was an exclusiv with aircon. which was a bit better, a diesel 1.3 CDTi which was cooler inside but no better power wise.

    The interiors were nice though, although they are pretty basic it was better than other small cars i've been in that are so minimal they feel like they forgot to put the interior in.

    I've got to put up with one for an entire week next month when they try for the fourth time to cure my wheel vibration.

  8. #8
    Regular Member vectraboyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SRi Oli View Post
    Last week the one i had was a Corsa SXi petrol, the new shape, 10 plate is that the D?
    It was stupidly slow, and didnt even have aircon.

    The one the week before was another 10 plate i think it was an exclusiv with aircon. which was a bit better, a diesel 1.3 CDTi which was cooler inside but no better power wise.

    The interiors were nice though, although they are pretty basic it was better than other small cars i've been in that are so minimal they feel like they forgot to put the interior in.

    I've got to put up with one for an entire week next month when they try for the fourth time to cure my wheel vibration.

    Yeah it;s the Corsa D on a 10 plate..

    the no air con is a shocking thing though, i drove the 150miles to exeter and back and i was roasting, windows open like all the time.

    Its a shame becuase with a decent engine in it it would improve it ten fold easily.

    The bette rones are the 1.6Turbo... but i couldn;t manage to blag that lol

    The 1.7CDTI are meant to be good though.

  9. #9
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Golf 7

    Trim : GTD

    Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

    Year : 2014

    Mileage : 40000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vectraboyy View Post
    I do haha! it comes on regardless of your engine speed lol
    its pretty good fun though.

    Got it till Friday mwahahaha

    Drinks the fuel a bit though, £63 in 24hours :'(

    Never tells you when to shift down though

    Gazza4

  10. #10
    Ex-Staff Full Member John LE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Forfar, Scotland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Facelift Insignia/Corsa D

    Trim : LE/VXR

    Engine : 2.0 cdti/1.6 Turbo

    Year : 13/07

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza4 View Post
    Never tells you when to shift down though

    Gazza4
    See when the car starts to kangaroo thats normally a good sign

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Courtesy Car Help
    By Hynzy in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 6th October 2009, 17:39
  2. New courtesy car - TO RAG!
    By anthonychall in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29th August 2009, 23:31
  3. Courtesy car
    By neilshaw1980 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 8th June 2007, 00:15
  4. £10 for a courtesy car!
    By storey_3000 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 28th March 2007, 03:16
  5. my vx courtesy car
    By Davey538 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2nd December 2005, 11:26

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •