I have just bought a 04 Vectra 2.0TDi Club.
Very nice car, but with a few problems.
1. If I start the car and put the air con on there is a vinegar like smell. Is there a problem here or just a coincidence? I don't know a lot about air con.
2. When I turn the blowers/air con on if I put the temp to min or max there is a series of clicking noises coming from behind the panel that stop after a couple of seconds that don't sound quite right to me. Anyone know what the problem is?
3. I have never driven a car with a turbo before, but don't you usually notice when the turbo comes in? The car is very slow to pick up from low revs. My previous car was a P reg renault clio that was about 60 BHP and this picks up about the same as my new Vec. Granted the Vec is obviously more powerful, just a bit sluggish to get going.
4. In 5th if I put my foot down I can feel the clutch slipping, although only just at the moment. How much can I expect to be paying to have a new one fitted? The car is under warranty and the clutch is covered, but parts only I am afraid.
5. In 5th Gear (when the clutch isn't slipping) the car tops out at about 3000 revs. Again, is this normal? Or am I just paranoid? In 5th Gear my Clio would happily rev its nuts off, but the Vec seems to be struggleing and that doesn't seem right to me.
6. Of and I nearly forgot to mention, the passenger side window switch is a bit tempremental. In fact it usually doesn't work. Is it a big job to change them. How easy is it to replace?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.