User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anyone fitted an Insignia Vxr Turbo to their Veccy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone fitted an Insignia Vxr Turbo to their Veccy?

Now... been chatting with a bloke at work today who says he knows a thing or two about Vx's...

Now am I right in saying the Turbo fitted to the Vxr is the same as the GSI (I assume astra turbo)?... Now the Inisgnia Vxr is a similiar setup but with the Bi turbo which gives it the extra horses...

Just wondered if anyone out there has swapped...? He reckons its the same turbo setup/shell just a different set of rotors for the turbine?

If so... I would be VERY VERY interested lol. On that note... what clutch are they running with too lol?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a bit lost here as to what you mean. You've mentioned the Insignia VXR with its 2.8 V6; then you've mentioned a GSi turbo, which can't be a Vectra, and is therefore probably an Astra as you've implied; so which Vectra are you suggesting the Insignia's turbo might fit into? If it's the 2.0T, then bare in mind that it's a different engine from the Astra GSi or VXR engines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
    I'm a bit lost here as to what you mean. You've mentioned the Insignia VXR with its 2.8 V6; then you've mentioned a GSi turbo, which can't be a Vectra, and is therefore probably an Astra as you've implied; so which Vectra are you suggesting the Insignia's turbo might fit into? If it's the 2.0T, then bare in mind that it's a different engine from the Astra GSi or VXR engines.

No no he was wrong on that one. He was thinking of the 2.0T with the Gsi Turbo. After some researching I found that the Vectra 2.8 is the Mitsubishi Turbo... now just wondering if the Insignia actually does have a different turbo or not?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by luke4487 View Post
    No no he was wrong on that one. He was thinking of the 2.0T with the Gsi Turbo. After some researching I found that the Vectra 2.8 is the Mitsubishi Turbo... now just wondering if the Insignia actually does have a different turbo or not?
    Yup, Vectra 2.0T and Astra GSi have completely different engines, so would be quite a coincidence if they happened to share a turbo.

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your best to ask on VXR online on this one mate as there was talk of an upgrade for the Vec VXR turbo to th Insignia VXR spec one. You could try a PM to Spoons on here, he should be able to shed some light on it. HTH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now... been chatting with a bloke at work today who says he knows a thing or two about Vx's...

Now am I right in saying the Turbo fitted to the Vxr is the same as the GSI (I assume astra turbo)?... Now the Inisgnia Vxr is a similiar setup but with the Bi turbo which gives it the extra horses...

Just wondered if anyone out there has swapped...? He reckons its the same turbo setup/shell just a different set of rotors for the turbine?

If so... I would be VERY VERY interested lol. On that note... what clutch are they running with too lol?
    Astra GSI Turbo is completely different to the Vec VXRs m8, a lot smaller and also only single scroll.

The insignia VXR Turbo is also different to the Vec being very much slightly bigger and can handle more boost but IS interchangeable with a different down pipe but in doing this you are much safer to get a full 3.0inch system from turbo back instead of just the 3.0inch downpipe.

AFAIA this setup is being tested on a vec as we speak and is the route to 380bhp(along with a few other choice mods).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info there. Think if its given a year or two til the Insignia's been around a bit the prices should drop some... thats a nice bit of BHP though! Does that mean the clutch needs uprating? I enquired about a sports clutch and was told there wasn't one available for the VXR F40 setup... Definately something I would want to square away along with a quaife when the clutch does go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info there. Think if its given a year or two til the Insignia's been around a bit the prices should drop some... thats a nice bit of BHP though! Does that mean the clutch needs uprating? I enquired about a sports clutch and was told there wasn't one available for the VXR F40 setup... Definately something I would want to square away along with a quaife when the clutch does go!

Clutch will most definetely need upgrading, MPG have already started selling uprated paddle clutches for the Vec VXR as there test car is running near 380bhp at the moment.

Thread Information