User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Anyone fitted an Insignia Vxr Turbo to their Veccy?

  1. #1
    Regular Member luke4487's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bordon, Hampshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Anyone fitted an Insignia Vxr Turbo to their Veccy?

    Now... been chatting with a bloke at work today who says he knows a thing or two about Vx's...

    Now am I right in saying the Turbo fitted to the Vxr is the same as the GSI (I assume astra turbo)?... Now the Inisgnia Vxr is a similiar setup but with the Bi turbo which gives it the extra horses...

    Just wondered if anyone out there has swapped...? He reckons its the same turbo setup/shell just a different set of rotors for the turbine?

    If so... I would be VERY VERY interested lol. On that note... what clutch are they running with too lol?

  2. #2
    Regular Member Jezzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    S.E
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm a bit lost here as to what you mean. You've mentioned the Insignia VXR with its 2.8 V6; then you've mentioned a GSi turbo, which can't be a Vectra, and is therefore probably an Astra as you've implied; so which Vectra are you suggesting the Insignia's turbo might fit into? If it's the 2.0T, then bare in mind that it's a different engine from the Astra GSi or VXR engines.

  3. #3
    Regular Member luke4487's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bordon, Hampshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
    I'm a bit lost here as to what you mean. You've mentioned the Insignia VXR with its 2.8 V6; then you've mentioned a GSi turbo, which can't be a Vectra, and is therefore probably an Astra as you've implied; so which Vectra are you suggesting the Insignia's turbo might fit into? If it's the 2.0T, then bare in mind that it's a different engine from the Astra GSi or VXR engines.

    No no he was wrong on that one. He was thinking of the 2.0T with the Gsi Turbo. After some researching I found that the Vectra 2.8 is the Mitsubishi Turbo... now just wondering if the Insignia actually does have a different turbo or not?

  4. #4
    Regular Member Jezzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    S.E
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luke4487 View Post
    No no he was wrong on that one. He was thinking of the 2.0T with the Gsi Turbo. After some researching I found that the Vectra 2.8 is the Mitsubishi Turbo... now just wondering if the Insignia actually does have a different turbo or not?
    Yup, Vectra 2.0T and Astra GSi have completely different engines, so would be quite a coincidence if they happened to share a turbo.

  5. #5
    Regular Member rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luke4487 View Post
    No no he was wrong on that one. He was thinking of the 2.0T with the Gsi Turbo. After some researching I found that the Vectra 2.8 is the Mitsubishi Turbo... now just wondering if the Insignia actually does have a different turbo or not?
    Your best to ask on VXR online on this one mate as there was talk of an upgrade for the Vec VXR turbo to th Insignia VXR spec one. You could try a PM to Spoons on here, he should be able to shed some light on it. HTH

  6. #6
    Regular Member Voxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ayrshire, Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luke4487 View Post
    Now... been chatting with a bloke at work today who says he knows a thing or two about Vx's...

    Now am I right in saying the Turbo fitted to the Vxr is the same as the GSI (I assume astra turbo)?... Now the Inisgnia Vxr is a similiar setup but with the Bi turbo which gives it the extra horses...

    Just wondered if anyone out there has swapped...? He reckons its the same turbo setup/shell just a different set of rotors for the turbine?

    If so... I would be VERY VERY interested lol. On that note... what clutch are they running with too lol?
    Astra GSI Turbo is completely different to the Vec VXRs m8, a lot smaller and also only single scroll.

    The insignia VXR Turbo is also different to the Vec being very much slightly bigger and can handle more boost but IS interchangeable with a different down pipe but in doing this you are much safer to get a full 3.0inch system from turbo back instead of just the 3.0inch downpipe.

    AFAIA this setup is being tested on a vec as we speak and is the route to 380bhp(along with a few other choice mods).

  7. #7
    Regular Member luke4487's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bordon, Hampshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for the info there. Think if its given a year or two til the Insignia's been around a bit the prices should drop some... thats a nice bit of BHP though! Does that mean the clutch needs uprating? I enquired about a sports clutch and was told there wasn't one available for the VXR F40 setup... Definately something I would want to square away along with a quaife when the clutch does go!

  8. #8
    Regular Member Voxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ayrshire, Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luke4487 View Post
    Thanks for the info there. Think if its given a year or two til the Insignia's been around a bit the prices should drop some... thats a nice bit of BHP though! Does that mean the clutch needs uprating? I enquired about a sports clutch and was told there wasn't one available for the VXR F40 setup... Definately something I would want to square away along with a quaife when the clutch does go!

    Clutch will most definetely need upgrading, MPG have already started selling uprated paddle clutches for the Vec VXR as there test car is running near 380bhp at the moment.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Insignia 2.0 turbo 4x4
    By R2XPT in forum Insignia Chat (READ ONLY)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 27th February 2012, 03:42
  2. Insignia 17s on a 2005 Veccy?
    By sxi-dean in forum Suspension, Wheels & Brakes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 31st May 2011, 17:54
  3. Insignia wheels on Veccy
    By GTS in forum Styling
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 17th November 2010, 09:20
  4. Anyone got a 1.6 turbo Insignia?
    By videodoctor in forum Insignia Chat (READ ONLY)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 7th October 2009, 08:18
  5. veccy 2.0 turbo
    By Jonil88 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10th November 2008, 19:12

Visitors found this page by searching for:

can a turbo from a vectra be fitted to an insignia

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •