Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default What do you think?

Took the new Vec into the dealers on Saturday for a week. Basically it just went in for a few bits and bobs to be sorted/investigated.
    That said, it does have the dreaded clutch judder which I have told them about. I made it clear that I know it is a well documented fault.
    On Monday I got a call to say that no faults had be found and that they won't be changing the DMF. They said that unless they witness it, Vauxhall would go berserk if they change the £400 flywheel under warranty and then find out that it is something different causing the problem.
    Its difficult because its intermittent and I knew it wouldn't do it when they test drove it.
    So, I have paid 7K plus for a car that has a possible £1000 plus fault.

What would you do? Where do I stand? The car is about 2 mths old now and the Vauxhall warranty is about to expire. Its NetworkQ which should cover the clutch for another 10 mths, but they say no fault found.

Bloomin Vectras !!

Kev.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

when my dmf started to go it was constant and that was the early stages, not 100% sure but i dont think dmf is intermitent it's either ok or not.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Mine shudders off up the road when I start it from cold sometimes. It has also done it slightly when hot (i.e. Traffic jam). Apart from that, its awful anyway. It snatches/grabs so I cant get a smooth gear change. Sometimes it feels like it will stall, so you give a little more gas and it suddenly shoots off up the road ! Other days it seems fine.
    The Astra they have given me has an amazing clutch in comparison. Its so smooth and no judder, although I think it did it in reverse when I collected it (reversed up a slope).
    I asked them if I could swap it for the 59 Astra, but they said 'NO'.

I am impressed with the little Astra sxi 1.6 petrol. Nippy little motor, just lacks equipment and interior refinement. It seems quicker than my 1.8 but must weigh loads less.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

Contact Consumer Direct and let them know you have taken to the dealers , that way you can ask them for a reference, then return to the dealer and tell them you have done this, at least they will be aware that it has been brought to the attention of a third party - also phone Vauxhall and write a letter to them too, this way you have a record of them recieving information regarding the fault before the warranty has ran out. Also tell Vauxhall in your letter that you have been unhappy with what the dealer has told you and that they should be rectifying the situation at their cost.

Good luck.

Gazza4

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sounds like good advice
    I was actually thinking along those lines myself.
    I'll try and call the dealer tomorrow as I haven't heard anything since Monday. I think they are doing some spray work on the car at the moment.
    I need to find out when the VX warranty runs out.

Thanks Gazza.

Kev.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well, a quick update! The dealer has now decided that the car does have a problem. They experienced clutch judder a couple of times from what I could make out.
    The clutch isnt covered under the Vauxhall warranty because the car has done over 18,500 miles, but it is covered under NetworkQ.
    The only problem is that the NetworkQ warranty doesnt start until after the Vauxhall one expires (Sept), so I have to take it back in, in September. Weird set up.
    However, credit to Motorbodies of Luton. I didn't expect them to say they had experienced it themselves. Do they go on the good dealership list? They also sorted my other problems (car related, not personal, lol).
    There is one question I have though. I thought that the 1.8's suffered from DMF problems (going back 4 years now), however, the dealer says that the 1.8vvti doesnt have a DMF. Is this true? He said it has a solid clutch/flywheel??? Did the old 1.8's have DMF's?? I definately read about the 1.8's years ago on here because I had one. Maybe they just had faulty clutch plates?
    Can anyone put me straight please? He did say that it was the 1.9's that have DMF issues.

Kev.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i can tell you that the 1.8 engines do have a solid flywheel listed for them on EPC. I cant see a dmf listed for this engine, so i guess they are correct. Pretty much anything with a dmf has trouble. Ford have started doing some conversion kits back to soild flywheels, i wonder how long it will take Vauxhall.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by barney490 View Post
    i can tell you that the 1.8 engines do have a solid flywheel listed for them on EPC. I cant see a dmf listed for this engine, so i guess they are correct. Pretty much anything with a dmf has trouble. Ford have started doing some conversion kits back to soild flywheels, i wonder how long it will take Vauxhall.
    Probably i while because how i understand it the dmf absorbs some of the torque to prevent the gearbox getting chewd up

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well, lets hope a new clutch plate will cure the problem.
    We seem to be going backwards technology wise. What were suppose to be the advantages of a DMF. They seem to be a pain in the bottom !
    I have never had any problems on my older cars. The clutches were fine.

Edit: Doh, you answered the question before I asked it

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Burger, I didn't realise that judder was a common problem, I have experienced that in mine - wondered if it was my driving lol, no way I could afford £1,400. My car is still under warranty, but I don't think that would be covered and I am only covered to a maximum of £1,000 iirc. I need to get mine in to get the suspension checked anyway, because I get some strange noises, wouldn't surprise me if I had a snapped spring/springs and/or something else.

Thread Information