Thread: Aaaaaargggghhhhh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by MalcGSI View Post
    A lot of people think the limit on these roads is 50 and 60 on dual carriageways!!!!!
    If you're driving a van it is. I often get queues behind me on a single carriageway, but 50 is the limit in my works van.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

dont ever beep your horn at them - they panic and slow down even more....lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

And single carriageway national speed limit for a truck is 40mph, now that is'nt fun when your out on a straight road heading up north with a que of cars behind you a mile long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Facelift Insignia/Corsa D

Trim : LE/VXR

Engine : 2.0 cdti/1.6 Turbo

Year : 13/07

But how many of them do that 40mph?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

On the other side, we're clearing out our storage garage this week, and today I had to guide a transit van and trailer over to pick up the dismantled shed etc that won't fit in the cars. The van is non turbo, only good for 40-50mph but will hold it all day.
    Crossing from one end of Telford to the other, using the 60mph posted dual carriageway and A roads, the amount of tailgating and downright dangerous overtaking was ridiculous.
    We both gave other drivers plenty of opportunity to overtake safely, but that was too easy for them. I don't think most of them have read the Highway Code, let alone understand safe driving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

agree, dont mind if im behind a speed restricted van/old banger not capable of 60 but its all other cars (sorry drivers) that get on my nerves, and i will not overtake unless it is totally safe to do so, on the way home less than a half hour ago i was sitting at 60 and in the distance could see car looming closer said to myself bet they are doing 40 mph, GUESS what i was right. surely it should be made illegal thats 20mp under recomended speed for the road.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

To be fair as it's already been pointed out, it’s a speed limit not a target. The limit on a lot of B and C roads is also 60 but unless you’re driving a rally car with the appropriate skills you have no chance.

That said, the general theme of the thread is people in cars on clear and safe main A-roads not getting anywhere near the limit and I would agree with what has also been said about the people who drive at 37mph in a 60 and then drive the same speed in a 30. In fact I've seen someone driving at 37 mph in a 60 and then ACCELRATED to about 42mph once they got into a 40 mph area. Now that must be something to do with confidence?

What cheeses me off is what do you find on the only straight bit of road for miles when you try to overtake? A speed camera! So you are overtaking a car or two and want to spend as little time as possible on the wrong side of the road however you either have to accelerate up to 60 and stop so you don't get flashed or just bottle it as soon as you see the camera on the other side of the road in case you get a ticket trying to overtake.

There are so many things to watch and think about while performing an overtaking manoeuvre that the last thing you want to be doing is looking down at your speedo all the time while on the wrong side to make sure you’re not speeding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

to rite gets on my nerves to. the worst was once i was driving in my previous civic type r with a full load in manchester, i took a wrong turn and there were these massive speed bumps so i went over them around 5mph so the zorst wont catch. a transit van over took me... next minuite blue lights i thought here he goes for speeding on a 20mph zone. but i got stopped and thw cop sayin im drivin 2 slow... i got wel p****d off and said thats what the ****** jumps r there for... like i say alot of morons around..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by luke.oldham View Post
    i think coachers are limited to 62mph

65 now and not alowed in 3rd lane where back in the day they were .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.8 VVT

Year : 2009

Mileage : 42800

perhaps those impatient people posting on this thread need to watch this video

http://video.ak.facebook.com/cfs-ak-...6e27194b0e9bed

and you dont need to have a facebook account to view it, just hit the play button

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information