User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: ok this was a pain

  1. #1
    Regular Member bunsen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    suffolk
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Thumbs down ok this was a pain

    my freind took my car engine to peices and said the manifold was no good so buy one and he will put on, so i did and also the motor. bits arrived today but i get a call from my missus mum(his boss) saying he had put the car back together and fixed up the bar on manifold, he is portugese and speaks a little english, why did he do that when he said we take off and put new, well it seems he said you nedd a special tool for the pulley, what tool? even still if i can get one why put it back together first, he had put the bar on and said it was ok but it is not moving now, swirl valve 3 was moving before and the bar is obviously now stop number 3 working at all so the bar is now no good and i have the new bits ready to go on

    where can i get this tool and is it the woodruff key? (which i have no idea about) and now no one to put the bits on as my trust has gone in terms of the clunking when starting up since he put back together
    when i start up the engine is quite a noisy in terms of when it catches too start there is a loud clunking just as it fires up, but not when running? any ideas

    starting to get real fed up now

  2. #2
    Regular Member pugs,signum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    swansea
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunsen1 View Post
    my freind took my car engine to peices and said the manifold was no good so buy one and he will put on, so i did and also the motor. bits arrived today but i get a call from my missus mum(his boss) saying he had put the car back together and fixed up the bar on manifold, he is portugese and speaks a little english, why did he do that when he said we take off and put new, well it seems he said you nedd a special tool for the pulley, what tool? even still if i can get one why put it back together first, he had put the bar on and said it was ok but it is not moving now, swirl valve 3 was moving before and the bar is obviously now stop number 3 working at all so the bar is now no good and i have the new bits ready to go on

    where can i get this tool and is it the woodruff key? (which i have no idea about) and now no one to put the bits on as my trust has gone in terms of the clunking when starting up since he put back together
    when i start up the engine is quite a noisy in terms of when it catches too start there is a loud clunking just as it fires up, but not when running? any ideas

    starting to get real fed up now

    I am guessing he's on about the high preassure fuel pump pulley? a pullers kit will do the job, the woodruff key is a small key that sits on the shaft of the high preassure fuel pump and drives the pulley (it looks bit like a pound coin if you were to cut a two thirds off)
    the third swirl valve is controlled by the actuator and the bar is only there to keep the other valves running at the same position.
    If it is not moving at all now, then they are clogged up with carbon build-up and are solid so will need the new inlet manifold fitted!

    these pullersoff ebay should do the job! i bought a cheaper set and they were too small but still got it done so should check to make sure these will do the job for you

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-46-P...item3efe837e6a
    Last edited by pugs,signum; 22nd June 2010 at 14:08. Reason: adding link

  3. #3
    Regular Member bunsen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    suffolk
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pugs,signum View Post
    I am guessing he's on about the high preassure fuel pump pulley? a pullers kit will do the job, the woodruff key is a small key that sits on the shaft of the high preassure fuel pump and drives the pulley (it looks bit like a pound coin if you were to cut a two thirds off)
    the third swirl valve is controlled by the actuator and the bar is only there to keep the other valves running at the same position.
    If it is not moving at all now, then they are clogged up with carbon build-up and are solid so will need the new inlet manifold fitted!

    got the actuator and the manifold.

    the 3rd valve was moving before he done his temp fix on it, though im wondering if his fix has stopped it because of what he has done
    is it possible he has put the bar on ok but the valves were turned in diff ways therefore not allowing them all to move in the direction needed and stopping the bar moving, i will take it off and see if they then move again,

  4. #4
    Regular Member pugs,signum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    swansea
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Did he manage to take the inlet manifold off?

    Reason i ask is because he would have to of taken the high preassure fuel pump out to remove the manifold and the timing belt runs on the fuel pump and would need taking off too!

    If he aint used a timing kit then it may be out of line hence the clunking

    what engine it it?

  5. #5
    Regular Member bunsen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    suffolk
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    1.9cdti 150

    no he could not get it off

  6. #6
    Regular Member bunsen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    suffolk
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    because of a special tool

  7. #7
    Regular Member pugs,signum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    swansea
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunsen1 View Post
    got the actuator and the manifold.

    the 3rd valve was moving before he done his temp fix on it, though im wondering if his fix has stopped it because of what he has done
    is it possible he has put the bar on ok but the valves were turned in diff ways therefore not allowing them all to move in the direction needed and stopping the bar moving, i will take it off and see if they then move again,

    As stated the swirl pots clogg up and become very hard to turn hence the bar breaks off! replacing the bar may stop everything from turning (depends on how clogged the pots are)

    you got the right parts for the job but its suggested that theres to be a new nut put on the high preassure fuel pump, they also recommend new fuel pipes on top of engine as these are compression fit and may leak after being removed but to be honest i used the old one and the new one was too pricey and didn't see the point in wasting more money

  8. #8
    Regular Member pugs,signum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    swansea
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunsen1 View Post
    1.9cdti 150

    no he could not get it off

    Im with you now,
    so he must of taken the timing belt off and got stuck when having to remove the pulley, then desided to put it back together.

    the clunking sounds worrying to me as he will of needed a timing kit on the 1.9cdti z19dth engine as there are NO timing marks to use.
    Id suggest getting a timing kit to make sure its all in line!

  9. #9
    Regular Member bunsen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    suffolk
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    ok mate thanks, after the dmf being done and me only having it 5 weeks i aint got the money for nothing else now i brought the manifold and actuator

    any idea where this nut goes or where you get it or any idea if its a must or aaarrrggghhh

  10. #10
    Regular Member bunsen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    suffolk
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    he did show me a mark on the timing belt on the right hand side non moving peice that there is a mark and that he said was very important and siad this and this must be in line basically

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. OMG In Pain!!
    By Happy Girl in forum The 'Off Topic' room
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 9th August 2011, 14:09
  2. I'm in pain....
    By sonic in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10th March 2008, 22:27
  3. I'm in pain
    By Stevel in forum The 'Off Topic' room
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 24th February 2008, 00:26
  4. Oh the pain!!
    By izonoky in forum Detailing and Car Care Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 6th November 2007, 00:04
  5. What a pain in the ****
    By The Gas Man in forum Styling
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13th March 2006, 20:16

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •