Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

Default Splinter Cell

Having been a massive fan of the Splinter Cell series of games (on PC) since they first started, I was really chuffed to find out a while back about the new one. Splinter Cell - Conviction.

I had to wait a while for it to come out on PC (the Xbox release was considerably earlier but I don't have an Xbox 360 just one of the old original Xbox's) but bought it a few weeks back.

I don't get a massive amount of time to play games these days, used to be a real serious gamer and do have a stonking gaming PC for the purpose, but prefer to spend time with Amy these days than attached to a keyboard permanently like I used to be before we got together.

However, I've been playing this on and off for a couple of weeks now and whilst it took a little while to get used to some of the new bits and methods of doing things I've gotta say I'm loving it so far.

Only gripe I have is no manual save option (that I've found so far) which means if you get stuck on a level (currently stuck in the underground car park at third echelon level) you end up having to re-play 20 minutes or more of play every ****** time you get caught (which has now happened about a hundred times so far on this level), I find that frustrating, however other than that, the game so far has been superb. Very different to previous Splinter Cell's but loving it so far.

Any other Splinter Cell fans out there?
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Now Gone, bring on the Insignia (now "Teapot" Tuned)...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yep, I've been a big SC fan since getting the original Xbox and have bought each one subsequently. One major gripe I had was that on the SC Double Agent which I first bought for the original Xbox console it had a local co-operative play i.e. two of you on the same console. So when I bought the 360 I thought I'd buy it for that too, to experience the better graphics and the online option etc. only to find that the local co-op option had been replaced by an online co-op option!

Anyway, , have also bought SC:Conviction and although not had an awful lot of time to play with it (something to do with a recent newborn! lol), have enjoyed it so far. Can't recall if it has a manual save option or not, sure it has - may be wrong - but liking some of the differences in the way it all works, not liking other changes though. One major change is that it's not as 'stealthy' as other SC versions. That was one of the major attractions for me was that you had to think and be very stealthy. Whilst that element is still there, it's now got much more of the 'shoot everyone up' scenarios which then starts to make it almost just the same as a bunch of other FPS games. Hopefully they don't go further that way on the next one.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

Yes, it's definitely the stealth part that has always interested me. I play a lot of other FPS's like Call of Duty, Medal of Honour etc, but that's not what I like about Splinter Cell. I like the creeping around, hanging from the ceiling, single headshot kills when it's safe and stealthy to do so kind of game.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Now Gone, bring on the Insignia (now "Teapot" Tuned)...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ian-Highlander View Post
    I like the creeping around, hanging from the ceiling, single headshot kills when it's safe and stealthy to do so kind of game.
    Exactly! I love a bit of Halo, COD and all those types of games, but that's what sets SC aside from the rest for me. Having to plan a bit and be stealthy and when you've crept up on someone and managed to pop a silenced head-shot or grabbed them and stuck a knife in, it's a very satisfying feeling!

<Members now starting to wonder if there's a bit more to Duncan than they anticipated! >

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi Q7

Trim : S-Line Plus 245

Engine : 3.0 TDV6

Year : 2013

Mileage : 3023

Splinter cell is excellent, only gripe for me was that when i finished it on the hardest mode was that the achievement didnt unlock, had to wait until a couple of weeks ago for the update.. oh and the other gripe is that its not long enough

D, If you enjoy stealth and headshots etc there's a new sniper game out this week called Sniper Ghost Warrior, plenty of stealth etc needed for that, I should be getting a copy in the next day or so..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Pete View Post
    D, If you enjoy stealth and headshots etc there's a new sniper game out this week called Sniper Ghost Warrior, plenty of stealth etc needed for that, I should be getting a copy in the next day or so..
    Yeah, I downloaded the trailer for that - going to download the demo when there's one available.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

I like Splinter Cell, for the same reasons given by others. Also like Ghost Recon and Combat Flight Sims, found one add on where you could use any of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight aircraft (they even have a stealth Chipmunk for Cold War missions) in the US Pacific module. Great fun chasing Zero's etc around in a clipped wing Spitfire or cannon equipped Hurricane.
    Haven't had much time lately to fit in all in, must get sorted, Call of Duty 1 & 2, Medal of Honour Allied Assault loaded on PC ready to go, along with an X box 360 controller.

Thread Information