Thread: Marshall's of Ipswich

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Marshall's of Ipswich

Clearly for the past 30 years I've had 'MUG' scrawled across my forehead.

For the past few months the vectra has made a squeaking noise from the passenger footwell when the steering is turned, and has got progressively worse so I booked it in under warranty.

Marshalls said it needed a new steering pump and rack and to bring it in when they had it in stock, so last week it went in to be changed.

Got the car back the same day and the noise seemed to have disappeared, however my steering wheel was of centre sitting about 1:30 when the car was pulling straight and the engine management light was on.

The following day, I go back to book it in to have the steering sorted and the eml checked, was told to bring it in this Monday, turn up Monday and they had double booked the courtesy car out, so I had to take it in yesterday.

I pick the car up yesterday about 5pm all seemed fine until I arrive home and notice that a couple of the black caps that cover the wheel nuts was missing, looked closer and the wheel only has 3 bolts holding it on.

So me steaming take it straight back to Marshall's, by this time all the service people have gone home and only one salesman is left, so I hand him the keys and tell him to get it sorted and I want the car dropping of when its fixed.

He writes on a sheet of A4 the problem and left it on the service managers desk (I see him do this).

My wife calls the garage this morning asking where our car is, they turn round and say they have no idea what out cars there for and will call back.

Someone calls back and my wife explains the problem and they say they'll look into it asap.

I get a call from a team leader who informs me that no note was on the service managers desk, and the by some miracle my car now has all the wheel nuts in place but were loose, he then goes on to imply that "someone" must have tried to steal my one allow wheel, the one that just happens to be gouged to **** and not even noticed the uncapped locking nut.

So by there reasoning someone has tried to steal an alloy, while the car was on my drive, sat behind 8ft gates, this thief then proceeds to follow me all the way to Marshall's to put the nuts and caps back on

I have a theory of what's happened, in that the mechanic noticing the note this morning and two 'spare' nuts and caps sitting on his roller cab, has decided to fix this issue before the manager appears, thus I am the 'MUG'

Am I being unreasonable in being slightly ****ed off

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Not at all you pay for job which they should do to a high standard! I had my golf serviced with VW once and had to wait half day only to find out the Engineer had put it into a back of lorry testing the new brakes he just fitted. What sort of noise was it like? Mine creakes instead of squeaks and hope it is not the same issue!

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Had the delight of experiencing Marshalls of Ipswich a number of years ago - as in easily half a dozen - when Mrs Duncan was working up there and her car went in for something. Can't recall all the details now but suffice to say I was severely unimpressed with them and it looks like nothing has changed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The only way I can describe the noise, is it appears to me as tho a rubber seal needs greasing, it doesn't sound mechanical, I guess you could call it creaking like.

What ****ed me off most is the noise is still there, I won't be going there in future that's for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

even if your not going back there, i suggest a strongly worded letter to the Managing Director. You would be surprised just how little they know about the **** ups that go on in their dealerships. At the very least, the technician, coughs grease monkey, that worked on your car should be held to account in a diciplinary for leaving your wheel in a dangerous condition. Thank god you didnt loose it on the way home, the results dont bear thinking about,,,,,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

They mugged me off about my Dmf for almost a year plus my starter motor untill Underwoods in Colchester sorted it for me. All the serivce staff there are total .........s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Are they a Vauxhall main dealers ?
    If so ring Vauxhall customer services and relate all of the details to them, (Make sure you let them know just how angry you are)
    I once had an issue like this although nowhere near as bad, I rang Vauxhall customer services and was very pleasantly surprised at the outcome.
    (Although I have never been back to the main dealers in question)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It's a shame that some dealers are like that. It is worth complaining as the Marshall Group senior management take this stuff seriously.

I deal with Marshall Vauxhall Leicester and they are just fantastic. A total contrast to how your describing the Ipswich dealership.

Drop 'Deztroyer' a line, he works for the Marshall Group.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    It's a shame that some dealers are like that. It is worth complaining as the Marshall Group senior management take this stuff seriously.

I deal with Marshall Vauxhall Leicester and they are just fantastic. A total contrast to how your describing the Ipswich dealership.

Drop 'Deztroyer' a line, he works for the Marshall Group.
    Hi Matt,

i've already taken a look at this thread when it started and i forwarded a copy of the Complaint to the service manager within 20 minutes of it going live .... as i seriously Doubt he was aware of the issue...

but if anyone does have a grievience with ANY dealership (anywhere in the world) - as posted above its always worth speaking with them to let them know...as anyone who works in the trade will tell you ....we are humans as well, and most of us are approachable-and mistakes do happen but if were not told then we cant learn from them and prevent them happening again.... and we dont like dissatisfied customers

- I hope that Fuzzyone has indeed heard back and can post up what's happened since this occurred

regards

Dez

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Thread Information